DVD/CD player doesn't work at all

Solved/Closed
Chondram - May 7, 2009 at 04:07 PM
 starman - Jun 8, 2010 at 04:25 AM
Hello,

My dvd/cd player just stopped working for no apparent reason. I went to device driver and this is is the driver listed: OPTIARC DVD RW AD 7200S ATA DRIVER
Under the general tab this is what it says:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

When I try to "update" the driver, the system tells me I have the correct driver and no further action is needed.

Where can i find this driver and how do I properly install it? I have already tried uninstalling the device and restarting...same messages/problems appear.

Thank you in advance!
Related:

3 responses

Here for the party!
May 7, 2009 at 04:44 PM
First, I would try a restore point prior to when you started having trouble with the optical drive. If that doesn't work or you don't have any restore points created then there is another thing you can try. First, create a manual restore point so you can go back if something gets messed up. The go to "run", type in "regedit" without the "". Click on computer in the registry editor then go up to files and export to the desktop so that you have a backup. Now, you want to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. This is your cd/dvd. In there you are looking for anything that says "upper filters" "lower filters". Delete whichever ones you have, delete both if they are there. This is a known problem with Vista. Good luck and absolutely make sure you take the 2 minutes and backup the registry as stated above.
Thank you for the advice, but this doesn't work. Going to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, I can only get as far as: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM. I have even tried to "search" inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM for {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and nothing matching comes up. Can you offer any other advice please?

Thank you in advance!

Nvm > chondram
Aug 12, 2009 at 02:19 PM
I have vista and it worked going there.
Fabulous ! I looked for a solution awhile ago and couldn't find one. This worked great - thanks !
THANK YOU!!! I have Vista, too, and it also worked for me!! I really appreciate your help/advice.
I don't under stand ?
go to this site ....it fixed mine in 5 mins had the same problem

http://cr.am/framed.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.microsoft.com%2F%3Fscid%3Daw%3Ben%2Dus%3B314060%26eula%3D1&ref=driverguide
How can I fis the cd/dvd-Rom when it saya "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"?