Adobe Flash Player on 64 bit

Solved/Closed
Rachel - May 2, 2009 at 07:58 PM
 maz bsgoes - Apr 26, 2013 at 08:03 AM
Hello,
I have Windows Vista and a 64 bit operating system. I cannot download Adobe Flash Player. However, I realize you can download it in the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer on a 64 bit operating system. I used to have a 32 bit version of Internet and I used it, but one day I went to click on it and it said it had been removed. I never remembered deleting it at all. And plus my mother is the only other person that uses this computer, but I know she wouldn't do that because she doesn't know much when it comes to technology. I've searched on my computer for it, but I cann't find the 32 bit version. It's very frustrating because I cannot watch videos or listen to music at all. Is there somewhere I can download the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer? I tried to download it from the actual internet explorer site and it was under "internet explorer 7 for 64 bit server/client" but it would not let me download it because it said I need to login with an Administrator account. The thing is my account IS an Administrator account. It's so frustrating. Please, can anyone help me with this?
Related:

28 responses

For Vista (64 bit):

1. Open Computer.

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.

3. Scroll down and open the Macromed directory.

4. Open the Flash directory.

5. Right-click FlashUtil9b.

6. Select Run as Administrator.

7. When the UAC prompt appears, select Continue.

8. Follow the Flash Player installation wizard.

Once the wizard completes, Flash Player has been properly installed and will now function properly.
When I open the Flash Directory, FlashUtil10b is listed, not FlashUtil9b. When I click 'Run as Administrator', the UAC message pops up and I click on 'Continue', and then nothing happens. There's no installation wizard of any kind.
This fixes the missing internet explorer how. This just installs flash and has nothing to to with internet explorer 32 disapearing. People that don't read should not post. The original post is more about IE 32 disapearing and a question about how do get it back without flash 64 since almost all pages require flash to view them and you are forced to run a 64 bit browser. It is clear to me that people no longer read they just assume.
smooh1 > C.A.S
Oct 18, 2009 at 10:14 AM
followed instructions said flash was installed but went to play games on yahoo still saying I require flash
Hey ... I am clicking Run as Administratorand nothing is happening ... any HELP plz.. I wil appreciate it thx
Tris > mickmika
Nov 24, 2009 at 03:28 PM
If you are having administrator issues, here is one way to get around that. Windows Vista and Window 7 have built in administrator account. Which means no matter what you do you aren't true administrator. If you are tired of UAC popping up during every operation then I will tell you how to enable the administrator account. Type in Computer Management into search on start menu. Once the computer management box opens you will click on "Local Users and Groups." Then click on "Users", you will see all accounts available for ur system. Right click on Administrator account and click properties...uncheck mark the box beside "Account is disabled." Restart your computer and you will have option to log on as aministrato. This is the true way to be administrator and you shouldn't have any problems installing programs. Hope this info will help you
thank
thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
joeman169 Posts 23 Registration date Saturday May 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2009 10
May 3, 2009 at 03:52 PM
I have the same issue with it, try using a different browser.
java and flash player seem to get buggy once in a while on my 64 bit machine.

www.getfirefox.com
an not load Adobe Flash Player
I have windows 8 and it didn't work for me. I'm lost without my music!
try windows real player its no problem to download and is free with all the software that you need
lbaddgor fucking dumb
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Windows 8 dosnt exist yet dumb ass
I had similar probs on a Win7 IE8 64B OS. I uninstalled Java and add-ons from Adobe (Reader, Flash, Shockwave). I reinstalled following the steps found here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html Play special attention to the Player Plug-in and Player ActiveX, making sure they install.
Me too it sux
Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in 64-bit browsers. Flash Player will, however, run in a 32-bit browser, running on a 64-bit operating system e.g. Windows 7 64 bit
For those running Linux there is a pre-release version of Flash Player 10 for 64-bit Linux available from Adobe Labs.
Basically to run Flash Player on a 64-bit operating system other than Linux, you must use a 32-bit browser.
Patrick Dreier
May 13, 2010 at 09:09 AM
Dear Peaples I have dosn 't User application solution for j2re with Java Webstart, Adobe Flash Player on Internet Explorer 64-bit Edition .
Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in 64-bit browsers. Flash Player will, however, run in a 32-bit browser, running on a 64-bit operating system e.g. Windows
Adobe Flash Player runing on Internet Explorer 32-bit Edition.
When Adobe Flash Player is installed open Flash Animation never runing for Users appliction Internet Explorer 64-bit Edition and runing for Internet Explorer 32-bit Edition.
For runing all Sun jre with Java Webstart, Adobe Flash Player on Internet Explorer 64-bit Edition you must lerning Application Developmement or giving Application Developer.
I have many Problems for Aktive X Elements for Windows XP Pro SP2 x64 Edition on Internet Explorer 64-bit Edition, Performance failed, Guestaccount has not Userright set limided, Sun Java jre Problems.
jet jre compatibility
C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\j24re1.3.1_20\.
C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\j2re1.4.2_19\
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_22\
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\
Error Screen: Java(TM)Web Start 1.4.2_19 Installation error. JRE not found on the folder configuration.

It clearly Sun Java j2re compatibility Problems when Windows jre and Windows x64 jre has mixed.
I will this have jre correction: C:\Program Files\Java\j24re1.3.1_20\
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_19\
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_22\
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\
Windows x64 has not finised Products.
Charles Renbeeh
May 18, 2010 at 09:55 PM
Have Win 7, runing 64bit, use both I.E. 64 bit and Mozilla Firefox. Tried to load the flash player, even the beta version to no avail but Firefox runs great.
redgreenhunter
May 13, 2009 at 01:30 PM
i have the same problem, just one day it was gone and I cant get it back any help would be appreciated.
Just access the adobe flash player web page.. when it says thank you for downloading and the download will start automatically. sth like that..
just right click anywhere, choose view page info , then in the permission tabs, untick the tick box in the Install extensions or themes, Tick ALLOW..
close and refresh the page.. and Yes the installation will begin immediately

Hope this help. I have tried it and it work successfully.
You're a GENIUS!!! This solution worked perfectly.
I have the same problem with Windows 7.
allah alykom koloh koayes
me too.):
I waste 5 hours of my life for TRYing installing adobe flash player and that didnt works ! windows 7 !!!
Here's a solution that is a LOT easier. Simply install Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.3 . It is a 32 bit browser that operates cleanly in a 64bit environment. Have been using it on my 64bit Vista system for over a year with no probs, clean video and nary a crash.
still looking for a runable 64 bit flash play
I have two laptops on my desk: the Vista one runs my SWF app on IE8, Chrome or Firefox; the Win7 box doesn't - not on any of the browsers.

Adobe have got the monopoly on browser players. I am creating an app to display video to thousands of subscribers. How many of my subscribers will have Win7 in a year or so's time? Half?

WAKE UP ADOBE!!! It doesn't work!!!!