Laptop's screen doesn't turn on; BIOS problem

Closed
fayefigkitten Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2009 - Apr 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM
 shaddix21 - Nov 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Hi,

I have a HP Pavillion dv5000, it's about four years old. Earlier today i noticed it got stuck, but i figured it was because it was getting a bit hot, so i turned it off. But I turned it on around an hour later, and noticed that the screen would not come up (no picture or anything), but the lights for the buttons would come on. Also the computer would sound off weird beeps. I looked online and found out that the beeps were Phoenix BIOS beep codes, so i got the pattern.

It's 1 - 3 - 4 - 3. But the closest thing i can find is the 1 - 3 - 4, which says it's a 64K memory failure Bad memory.

i REALLY have no idea how to fix this and I'm hoping someone can help me out, i'm not ready to give away this laptop yet, and if i can get some help here before taking it to a repair shop, that'd be great!
Related:

2 responses

uymail.com Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2009 1
Jun 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM
dear sellar
i like this item and i we like to paying you paypal or i we paying you money gram
and eve you we like this i we paying 400.00usd so you can mail me any time you
thank you
My hp pavilion dv9700, just crashed randomly, I called HP, they said, it sounded like the fan, and heat sink, need replaced, you can find that as cheap as $25, someone else told me, it might be the video card, in that case it will need a motherboard($75-$110), on you tube it shows you, how to fix it with a soldering gun, by heating the video card till the medal starts to melt back to the motherboard, regardless, I don't have the money, to buy the soldering gun, or even the heat sink, (fan kit for $25) I would sell you mine, Tired of trying to fix it, great computer, when it isn't messing up, I have had to put alot into it, can't afford to anymore. I paid $750 for it when we got it, i don't have the time or the money to work on it, maybe you would have better luck? http://www.amazon.com/Processor-Lightscribe-SuperMulti-Fingerprint-Bluetooth/dp/B00188C9MA/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1 my email is shaddix12@ymail.com or on yahoo messenger
E_mc2 Posts 10 Registration date Thursday January 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2009 4
May 1, 2009 at 04:36 AM
hi,
check your RAM and video card.
or get it repaired by a qualified technician.
fayefigkitten Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2009
May 1, 2009 at 05:19 PM
How would i check my RAM and video card?