Windows unable to find certificate in D-link

Closed
Bobby - Apr 28, 2009 at 05:30 PM
 Chris - Feb 25, 2017 at 07:32 AM
Hello,

I have removed all other wireless names from my labtop, but still I am getting the same message. Is this has to do with network key or its still the windows problem
Related:

3 responses

Doe12 Posts 37 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 6
Apr 29, 2009 at 07:42 AM
Yes you should re enter all the network key to your wifi network profiles
Upgrade the firmware to the latest version
The problem arises in Windows XP while trying to connect to a secured network, often on a D-link router.

While trying to connect a new computer wirelessly, an error comes up stating that "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you onto the network (Network name here).

Here's how to fix it if it is WEP encryption...

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> Network Connections -> Right-click your Connection and select Properties -> Click on the Authentication tab -> Disable / uncheck the option IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network. Now, try to connect to your Wireless network; are you able to? (Note: you may need to restart the computer.)
I am consequently asked to enter the network password in hexadecimal characters, while my password is in normal letters and numbers. How to convert?