Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Why cant i bridge connect? [Solved/Closed]

ryno - Latest answer on Jan 26, 2013 03:13AM
Hello,
I am needing some advice i have been trying to connect my playstation2 to my laptop via the networking
plugs the 8 wire ones i gather is ethernet but im not sure, now i want the ps2 to connect to my mobile broadband.
so when i open network connections after connecting ps2 it shows four connections two in dial up one being vodafone mobile which is what i use for the net and is 3g and a disconnected 3g one by the same company, now in the LAN or high speed internet section there are two other connects, one is a wireless network connection obviously WiFi but the other is the playstation i guess and it is named Local area connection under that it says
unidentified network , so i thought all i had to do was select the mobile broadband connection and then select the local area connection right click bridge the connections and away you go but when i have both connections highlighted it wont give the bridge connections option and if you right click just on the local connection and try to bridge it gives an error saying to create a network bridge you must hve at least 2 LAN or high speed internet connections that are not being used by internet connection sharing, its driving me mad can anyone help . I have a
H.P. laptop running vista ultimate
Regards
Read more 
Answer
+117
moins plus
"1) Connect ethernet cable to PC/Laptop and xbox console.
2) Open Network Connections
3) Right click Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
4) Click the Sharing tab and make sure the top box is UNCHECKED!
5) When finished, repeat steps 3 and 4 for Local Area Connection. If there is no Sharing tab, "don't do anything on local area connection!!
"6) Highlight both Wireless Network Connection and Local Area Connection, right click, and Create Bridge. You should then notice your Wireless Network Connection drops down with the new Bridge Connection
7) The most important part now is to right click Local Area Connection and Add To Bridge."

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY.DO NOT GO TO COMMAND PROMPT,DO NOT MESS WITH IP ADRESS,AND DO NOT FIDDLE WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT WHAT IS EXPLAINED HERE.YOU CAN TRUST ME BECAUSE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THIS WAS THE ONLY SOLUTION.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

all credit (and many thanks) go to the original author.

Dan- Oct 25, 2012 03:59AM
A bit counter intuitive to uncheck the top bux, however is the only way it works for me
quicklysaw6- Nov 7, 2012 04:28PM
thanks, you saved me $100
thanksman- Jan 8, 2013 07:01PM
thank you thank you thank you needed this for so long
JOhnnyboy- Jan 24, 2013 05:44PM
You are a legend pal
hum0nX- Jan 26, 2013 03:13AM
amazing, this was pissing me off so bad and i was about to give up hope but i saw this and it worked thanks
Answer
+11
moins plus
Disable your internet connection sharing in properties of the LAN network connection. This should enable the bridge to be created.

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi,
try this link to get information about bridge connection:
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet 2144 introduction to network bridge
try this link to get help from playstation:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/...

Answer
moins plus
you have to have one wireless connection and one local area connection to bridge. if you are using a landline you cannot do it, is that what you were looking for, if you were looking for instructions then email me and i will post a video on you tube for you (Y)

steve- Aug 23, 2010 01:40PM
i have no sharing tab on my wireless adapters prop. it dosnt allow me to select brige connect, what is wromg????
MJF- Sep 10, 2010 10:45AM
when i plug the cable in to my laptop from my xbox the local area connection says theres limited or no connectivity and so i cant bridge my local area connection to anything...how do i fix this?
This document entitled « why cant i bridge connect? » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.