Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

System Restore from boot menu/ setup utility? [Solved/Closed]

jessiloves 3Posts Monday April 13, 2009Registration date April 14, 2009Last seen - Latest answer on Aug 4, 2013 08:33AM
Hello,
How do I do a system restore from the boot menu or setup utility?
My computer will only open up to the HP invent screen, and it only give me three options:
Press <Esc> to change boot order
Press <F10> to enter setup
<F12> to boot from LAN
Is there any way I can do a System Restore from any of these places?
I am completely lost and have no Idea what to do!!!
I have tried pressing the F8 option and all of that but it wont start up any more than that one black screen.
Read more 
Answer
+45
moins plus
What make and model computer do you have? Some PCs have a hidden partition on the hard drive that contains a copy of Windows.

jessiloves 3Posts Monday April 13, 2009Registration date April 14, 2009Last seen - Apr 14, 2009 11:22PM
It is such a crappy computer, but its an HP Pavillion dv5000.
huffanpuff- Sep 20, 2009 07:13PM
It is a H.P,pavilion 6700f pc. Thia computer stoped on me & I had a warranty so H.P. sent me another new hard drive & has been working for about two mo's now yet my system restor will not work. I did go back to different dates a few times & the same ole thing. I also lost my pasting in foxfire but,not windows INT.
pseudonym- Feb 3, 2010 05:53PM
Press F11
krash- Feb 23, 2011 10:35AM
F11 was the option to restore - thanks!
Dalew- Apr 28, 2013 02:51PM
This is bit complicated. Why not just use a free utility like reboot restore Rx?
Answer
+21
moins plus
vitaloathv- Aug 30, 2010 01:08AM
You are the man! Just saved me a lot of trouble. Cheers!!!
Answer
+18
moins plus
If you have the Windows CD/DVD - then change the boot order to boot from the optical disk and reinstall Windows. Please note that ALL data currently on the hard disk will be erased. Good Luck

jessiloves 3Posts Monday April 13, 2009Registration date April 14, 2009Last seen - Apr 14, 2009 07:06PM
I am not sure if I have that disk, if I dont am I completely screwed?
(I already know I will lose everything and that is fine!)
fdsasdfdsa- May 12, 2010 05:20PM
actually i hate to burst your bubble but unless you own the business version of vista you will not have a backup copy to restore to so this will not work
CeoKartel- Feb 5, 2013 12:05PM
I have a compaq presario v5000 and it keeps asking me for a administrator password so i cant download anything..
Someone please help me factory reset it
Iwan- Jul 30, 2013 12:26PM
I have a windows xp computer, dell OptiPlex GX620 en I have only the option to hit the F-keys.
I would reset it because I lost my password

can u help me please

thank y'all!
Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi Iwan,

Kindly check the below mentioned link to know the scope of support for password issues on this website:

Why Kioskea doesn't help to recover lost passwords?

I would like to know which password you are referring to, is it the Windows password or the BIOS password?

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi iwan,

Please reply with which thread or article on Kioskea you are referring to?

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Answer
+1
moins plus
thanks for the help zohaib r but it doesn't work
I'm referring to the windows password

the kioskea site said I must type: usercontrolpasswords2 in the open box
but what is the open box?
when I type it in de administrator box or the personal box it doesn't work.

is it possible to recover the whole system with a windows xp disc

This document entitled « System Restore from boot menu/ setup utility? » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.