Ask a question Report

Internet connected but webpages won't load [Solved/Closed]

Sarah86 - Latest answer on Nov 9, 2012 10:41PM
Hello,
I use firefox. I know that my connection is fine, but my firefox screen is blank. The internet explorer screen won't work either - says unable to load page.
Can anybody help?
Read more 
Answer
+261
moins plus
try winsock if tht dosnt work, go to start , run there type- resetlog.txt (press enter)
problem solved u can browse ur web pages , then u can thank me on my gmail account :P

Nam- Apr 5, 2010 09:24AM
this works.. really thank ful
Izzy- Apr 15, 2010 03:21AM
I have Windows Vista and my Mozilla Firefox wont load any pages :(
Tony- Jun 11, 2010 12:12PM
wow thank you so much for helping me, it worked for me thanks alot =]
Jon- Jun 17, 2010 10:23AM
hey can u help me with my computer with xp i got a different problem when i did what u told me resetlog.txt using command promp and pressed enter notepad popup and i deleted everything it said in the notepad resetlog.txt file, now the internet doesnt even load come pages what can i do to fix it, plz help
Jon- Jun 17, 2010 10:24AM
hey by mistake i deleted every resetlog.txt in the notepad file, now the internet doesnt even load some pages pls help
Answer
+68
moins plus
Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions. The machine I use has XP

I clicked on Network Connections, right clicked on the wireless network connection, scrolled down to TCP/IP, clicked on the label to highlight it, clicked on properties, clicked on obtain IP address automatically (obtain DNS server address automatically is automatically selected), clicked on ok and all worked like as advertised.

My primary clue to pursue this avenue was observing that the DNS was not being created when I reset the wireless connection (create a new network or add a device to an existing network).

You all are GREAT!

Allev8- Mar 21, 2010 04:08AM
Thankyou, worked like a dream.
boomstick- May 7, 2010 03:08AM
thank you very much,that was all it took
circlejourney 1Posts Friday November 9, 2012Registration date November 9, 2012Last seen - Nov 9, 2012 10:41PM
It worked! Thank you!
Answer
+35
moins plus
What is the vpn and how do you make sure it's installed or re-install it?

Answer
+25
moins plus
Ok so try this:

Go into my computer > device manager then delete your wireless network adapter and NIC adapter. Restart your computer.

The problem should be fixed. If not, likelihood you have a virus or some malware.

Answer
+23
moins plus
I tried many things to fix the 3 browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome) that were not working for my client.

I tried the Norton's Removal Tool, netsh commands, clearing caches, checking proxies, virus scans, adaware scans on and on and on... (it was many hours)

I finally ran CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) and all three browsers started working. It's a free app and worth a try if nothing else is working for you.

Answer
+16
moins plus
hi,
when Firefox is open, click on File and see if the Work offline option is checked.
if yes, uncheck it.
then try to connect to internet.

dberry- May 18, 2009 07:18AM
help i;m having the same problem with firefox. it will load but the page is blank the work offlline is not checked so what else could it be? internet exploere works fine. i have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox still a blank page!
larry- Nov 21, 2009 12:05PM
My problem is: I can connect to my ISP (BlueFrog as moorewatson@bluefrog.com using Best Dialup -- account # 11501 but I am unable to use internet explorer}. BlueFrog customer service number is 866 258 3376. Using a cable hookup I was still unable to access internet explorer.
Mohan- Nov 21, 2009 12:44PM
Hi Larry think some .dll files were missed and you must reinstall the internet explorer or mozilla firefox.. enjoy..
Bye..
mrsamsquatch dberry - Feb 25, 2010 03:58PM
im having the same problem, my laptop says its connected and im not on work offline mode but firefox is still saying it cant find the server or coming up blank, if oyu have found a solution can you please post it in reply to this?
cheers
Metal-The-hedawolf- May 7, 2010 04:23PM
my internet won't load up any webpage at all and my internet is playing up since yesterday
Answer
+13
moins plus
i forgot 1 thing after typing resetlog.txt command !!! restart ur pc then enjoy :P

Answer
+13
moins plus
something you have recently download or updated might be blocking it. try a system restore in safe mode

Answer
+11
moins plus
thanks Ill try that out

Answer
+11
moins plus
Hello

I also had the same problem, my internet connection is connected but none of browsers display web pages. But from command prompt i can ping to any website. After testing lot fixes, i realise that i removed the vpn from the system just before the problem starts. That was an unmetured uninstallation. So I reinstall the VPN and it is working fine. After that I uninstall the VPN still there is no problem. Hope this info may help you. Thank you

Answer
+11
moins plus
check your TCP/IP settings. mine were somehow switched to set manually so it wasn't auto detecting the IP or DNS.

Answer
+9
moins plus
Hi there, this happened on my computer too and was very frustrating. In the end I turned off Zone Alarm and it worked fine. When I turned it back on again the same problem struck. I've not had problems with zone alarm before, but thems the breaks.

Good luck!

Answer
+8
moins plus
I have the same problem. I still have no idea how to fix it, but I have a workaround. It happens that I have 2 routers. Everytime the page won't load I switch to the other router. Hope this could help you.

This document entitled « Internet connected but webpages won't load » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.