Hotmail attachment problem

Solved/Closed
Jim - Apr 6, 2009 at 01:30 PM
 Patti - Jun 27, 2011 at 02:45 PM
Hello,
When trying to open a pdf attachment, it does not open in the email page, but appears as a file on my desktop.
In Hotmail, Tools-options. In Main, downloads has a prechecked box showing Desktop. If you scroll, there are no options for opening it in the mail window, only in a folder somewhere. I never had this prob until recently.
Someone help!!
Related:

3 responses

Had same problem with MSN Live and Hotmail suddenly not opening any email attachments. Suspected a security permissions issue. Used "Move to" on Hotmail menu to move email to "Sent mail" folder. From there, the attachments opened fine because Sent mail folder is a trusted source.
I had problems with hotmail attachments and finally solved it by uploading the latest updates of my browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox, then updating the latest version of Silverlight. Those actions finally solved my problems.

Chanda Green
Heartland Women
Thank you so much, I updated my silverlight and now my hotmail is working after about half a year of it not! Haha. Thank you.
Thanks from me as well Chanda.

I had resisted installing Silverlight as it seemed to be just another piece of Microsoft bloatware.

I wish I'd known 6 months ago the huge improvement it makes to Hotmail.

Thanks goodness there are forums (other than Microsoft's own uninformative forum) where helpful answers like yours can be found.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Dec 15, 2010 at 06:49 AM
Hello Mike

Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated
Thanks MIKE! No wonder the name "Michael" is still the most respected name according to sociologists.
Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
Apr 6, 2009 at 01:47 PM
PDF files openwith Acrobat reader...which is free goto www.adobe.com