Screen is blank in hp pavilion dv2000

Closed
student - Apr 6, 2009 at 04:20 AM
Shemin Paul Posts 4 Registration date Sunday April 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2009 - Apr 7, 2009 at 10:20 AM
Hello,

my HP Pavillion dv2000 got a problem regarding the screen blank. when i turn ON. the screen comes blank.... apart of that the motor and drive....... all works/run properly.... it works once a week, sometimes twice a week.... i dont know whats a problem of that. i do handle carefully and love it. the reason is that i paid £700 Jan 2007 form curry shop. the warrenty was only a year.... the problem occured after the warrenty.
could any one of you please help me.. try to understand me as STUDENT IN Lonodon. i cannot afford alot to change the mother board... any more idea for me please.....

Student XX
Related:

1 response

Shemin Paul Posts 4 Registration date Sunday April 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2009 20
Apr 7, 2009 at 10:20 AM
check the output of your AC adapter if it is giving out the correct voltage.

if the AC adapter is giving out correct voltage, it could be that your power ON button is defective or the switch is dead, or it can be the motherboard. i suggest you check the power ON switch (can be part of the keyboard or on a separate panel). also check the cables connecting the switch to the motherboard if present. best if you have a working spare to swap the power button/switch.

here is the link to the service manual, should decide to fix it yourself
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035657.pdf