Computer Shuts Down Automatically. HELP!!!

Closed
FXHappy - Mar 30, 2009 at 07:24 PM
 JDC - Apr 23, 2009 at 06:16 AM
Hi,

I just purchased a new system and been having problems since I purchased it.

System Spec:

- AMD PHENOM II Quad Core 940 Black Edition CPU, 3.0GHz (125W), 8MB Cache, Socket AM2+
- ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe MP Motherboard
- Thermaltake Qfan 850 Watt PSU
- G SKill PI Series 2 x 4GB Kit DDR2 1066
- Seagate SATA 1.5TB
- Asus Cooler Triton 78 Universal
- 2 x Inno3D PCI 512MB 9800GTX+ x 2 SLI
- Antec P182 Performance One Case

The symptoms are that the computer shuts down automatically at random intervals and when I go to restart it says no signals to monitors but system is running. I am also running a 3 monitor setup.

Have taken it back to where I purchased it from , they already have replaced the motherboard and same problem occurs. They have tested every part seperately and say everythings fine so they suspect its the m/b again. They have tested temperatures and all ok.

Don't know what to do. Would anyone know how to fix this? Could it be PSU or heating issues?

Would really appreciate your assistance.

2 responses

Anonymous User
Mar 30, 2009 at 08:51 PM
turn it back to your manufacturer..
since it is random? have you considered

1/ faulty PSU

2/ HDD?

3/ Memory

4/ video card - - - check temp on GPU?

5/ voltage spikes from your supply? e.g power point? power board(s) ? this is a hard one to find but buying a RCD / PROTECTED / SURGE etc etc " EXPENSIVE " power board might fix your problem. Also, good investment to have...

It's all TRIAL AND ERROR - - dont you just love it? "argh!"

In the past when I have had random reboots and shut downs, these were the major players causing the faults.

Also, dont know how the warranty would go? but maybe a BIOS flash / update might fix your problem