My computer won't let me access anything!!

Solved/Closed
Frances - Mar 28, 2009 at 11:43 PM
 Suegibson123 - Jan 11, 2018 at 04:19 PM
Hello,
my computer won't let me access any of my programs. it keeps on saying "Application not found". i can't access my control panel options, download anything and actually use it, nor can I even type! it's becoming really frustrating. I've tried to download software but it won't let me use it to fix it. instead it tells me to download it again. I think the whole situation started when I downloaded iTunes and I think it got a virus. Please Help. I really want my computer to act normal again! and can you please give me some safe websites to download from so it doesnt act up anymore?

23 responses

nsense Posts 13 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 8
Mar 29, 2009 at 04:48 AM
hi,
this is indeed a virus.
to get rid of it, you will need to install and update an anti-virus.
i think this will not be possible in your case since the computer is not allowing you to do anything.
so, try to enter the safe mode.
to do this, press F8 repeatedly when booting your computer, before the windows logo appears.
then you may do a system restore to set your computer to the settings to a date when these problems were not yet encountered. that is the date before you downloaded the iTunes.
this should make it work normally.
>start
>all programs
>accessories
>system tools
>system restore
after the system restore, you may download the AVG free version anti-virus, or you may buy the full version.
Hey,
I tried following your advice about system restore because I had a similar problem, but my computer won't even let me open the window for system restore! I have to open it with some program and i'm not able to do so! I have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP :x
same here! I can get around online by using back links but almost everything is blocked off including system tools and such! help!!!!