No video in internet explorer 7

Solved/Closed
dave - May 23, 2008 at 11:29 PM
 Anon. - Feb 27, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Hello,
When I try to watch streaming video(?) with internet explorer 7 on vista nothing happens, just a blank spot on the screen. This happens when I try to watch a show on cbs.com or my slideshow on myspace, and when I try to watch netflix "instant browse" videos. I can't figure it out. Is it something with Flash or Java or windows media player? Please help?!?!

Dave
Related:

12 responses

FULLSCREEN PROBLEM SOLVED===

1. Right-click in the standard streaming video window (non-full
screen).
2. Choose 'Settings...' from the Flash Player's pop-up menu.
3. Uncheck the 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'
4. Click 'Close'.

HOPE THIS HELP..GOD BLESS TO ALL
DUDE, sweet.....I have been to every forum known to man and your trick worked. Thanks Bro!

Submariners Do It Deeper!
Thanks vanx83, turning off my "video hardware acceleration" fixed my problem (No Picture, sound only in streaming)

In my case I couldn't right click the streaming video window.. so I had to:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel.
2. In the classic view, double click on the Display icon.
3. Select the Settings tab and click on the Advanced button. The Advanced Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
5. Disable the hardware acceleration completely by dragging the slider to the extreme left of the scale.

Thanks again!
livethekingsway
Jan 8, 2009 at 06:50 PM
thanks so much, ive been sitting here for hours trying to figure out how to watch full screen! ur a star :) thanks

God Bless x
Thank you very much for that flash player solution. I bought a new HP laptop with Vista on it today and your problem has resolved it very quickly. Thanks a lot for the solution again.
chris > Korupt
Feb 22, 2009 at 09:34 PM
hey thanks yo that works well bro bless
Try this it will fix your issue. it will play videos in internet explorer.

http://www.adobe.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_msi
****THE ABOVE FIX WORKS!!!******* (Thanks yippee)

I just had this problem after downloading the new flash update, and somehow that made all the embedded flash videos across the web stop working in IE. I beleive others might be having this problem too.
Solidisa Rock
Dec 14, 2009 at 06:29 AM
It worked. Thanks.
Thank you so much. It worked. Have been desperately checking out as to how to view the vidoes. Thanks again!
range rover guy
Feb 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM
yippeee u da man boss....mad tings
Yippee, this seemed to work for a minute. I had the video going. Then when I closed out of IE and went back in, it didn't work again. Have tried again and again with no luck. I am just getting the black box where the video should be playing.
Any suggestions?
I've spent the last 3 hours looking for the answer to why my FF and Google chrome will play youtube videos but my IE7 won't. And I tried everything from getting the lastest version of Java, Adobe Flash, checking my settings on IE, reinstalling IE...and probably other actions that I can't remember and none worked until I found a forum on Microsoft's site. AND THIS WORKED!! Go to RUN and type: regsvr32 jscript.dll and press ok....you will get a message immediately saying that this dll was registered. I then went to IE7 and opened up youtube and YES!! my videos worked!!!! Hope this helps others that were in this same situation.
Internet Explorer Does Not Open Links to Audio or Video Files
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/internet-explorer-does-not-open-links-to-audio-or-video-files/

When you click on a hyperlink to a media file in Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player would automatically open and start playing the file. This functionality may get disabled when you install a third-party player, and you get the error Internet Explorer cannot display the Webpage when clicking on a hyperlink to an audio or video file. However, you may be able to download the file locally by right-clicking on the hyperlink and choosing Save Target as option.
This happens if the file type association and/or the MIME settings have been altered by a third-party application you may have installed. To fix the MIME and file association settings (reset WMP as the default), use these steps:
Windows XP
1. Click Start, click Set Program Access and Defaults
2. Click Custom
3. Select Windows Media Player
4. Click OK
Windows Vista
1. Click Start, select Default Programs
2. Click Set program access and computer defaults
3. Click Custom, and select Windows Media Player
4. Click OK.
Then, follow these steps:
5. Click Set your default programs
6. Select Windows Media Player from the list
7. Click Set this program as default
8. Click OK.
Note: Also configure third-party player so that it does not takeover the media file associations again.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
now works fine this guy knows his stuff
Dave,
Have you been able to figure out the problem. I have a same problem and dell technicans ask me to download vita again.

Thanks
I found this helpful link that had this posting, unfortunately I lost the URL... Good news is that I implemented it and it works -

'You have a DELL computer and using IE7.

Right...try this (IE7 web browser page)

Click tools (a cog top right) > put the cursor onto Manage Add Ons > Enable or Disable add ons > look in [add on's currently loaded in explorer] and disable CBrowserHelperObject it's a DEll tool that is known to cause problems with flashplayer.

Don't worry about disabling CBrowserHelperObject, you don't need it.'
Thanks guy...that worked for me...
yeah it worked for me thanks.....
Thanks yippe, it worked fine for me, btw I'm on XP sp3
musicgold Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2015
Dec 14, 2009 at 07:42 PM
Video Acceleration could be the problem.

I had the same problem. Both IE 6 and Mozilla firefox were not able to stream videos. I was getting only audio but no video.

Do the following

Start -> all programs -> window medial player -> tools -> options -> performance

Take the video acceleration button to zero.
Just go to Start > Run and type:regsvr32 jscript.dll

Should take care of it. Oops, didn't see that my comment previous to this one was posted on page 2 so I created this second one. First time to this site. Hopefully others new to this site will see there is a small Page 2 at the bottom.
If you tired all the other methods like I have and they all failed, try this method that bobster put!!! I worked IMMEDIATELY!!! Outstanding!! Thank You So Much bobster!! I nearly gave up hope, lol!!
You may also want to look into some of your installed products by adobe, mainly "air" and "flash player" if these are too outdates or the site you are trying to view is using a more current version it can cause the same kinds of problems. DL from either adobe or cnet----beware other sites as it my have malware, etc... Hope it helps someone else out.
spk2629 - thanks! I had the same problem in IE where some videos wouldn't play. Once I updated to the latest version of Adobe Flash player it worked fine.