Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Sony vaio laptop Restore factory settings [Solved/Closed]

rustytinker6969 - Latest answer on Feb 20, 2015 01:55AM
Hello,
I have a sony vaio laptop.I want to set it back to factory settings. I do not have a recovery disk. I am using windows vista. How do I do this ?
Read more 
Answer
+1016
moins plus
On many Sony models, holding alt + F10 at boot will start the factory restore process

Imti- Feb 20, 2014 02:19AM
thanks dude.....!!!!
hopelesssonyowner- Feb 15, 2015 08:57AM
Thanks. Alt +F10 is a lifesaver.
blanblan- Feb 19, 2015 07:13PM
Alt + f10 is bae <3
ragnarokie- Feb 20, 2015 01:55AM
dude you're a genius man.it worked!!!!thanks man.
Answer
+176
moins plus
Alt + F10 is working fine to get factory default set up menu in Sony Vaio.
Thanks for your details

Stonehand- Jul 5, 2010 02:47PM
Thanks for this comment. My Sony has been down for almost 6 months as I kept trying different things.
Stonehand- Jul 5, 2010 02:50PM
My Vaio has been down for 6 months as I have tried endlessly to Restore using the factory discs. The laptop seemed to have a video driver error or Iass.exe issue. Never could get it to jump past startup now at least the machine is trying to restore itself... thanks
hamed- Dec 31, 2013 02:05AM
tank u maaaaaaaaaaaaaan
i love you
T- Jan 15, 2014 03:00AM
Thank Mim :)
luv@3rdsite- Feb 11, 2014 04:11AM
menh... you the genius bro.
Answer
+154
moins plus
I am using sony vaio windows vista .I want to restore my pc and to make factory setting

Nailesh- Jun 8, 2010 01:25AM
I am using sony vaio windows vista . I want to restore my pc to factory condition but it cant do...what to do..
Answer
+134
moins plus
hi I have a Sony viao laptop and the model is pcg grt916v. I wanna set it to factory settings but my Sony disk drive is broken and won't recognize my recovery disk. I tried all the buttons for bringing up the Hudson thing but nothing happens. Everytime I press a key it just goes to the welcome screen. Please help

Answer
+67
moins plus
i have a sony vaio and i want restore it to its original factory settings.. but i dont have a restore disc.. how do i restore it without using a restore date? please help

Brummigal- Jul 20, 2010 04:36AM
I was trying all sorts of things too... Alt + F10 worked. only took about 10 mins
Answer
+67
moins plus
Answer
+64
moins plus
ever vaio has a recovery drive in in which is usualy hidden. to access it go to run & type in compmgmt.msc & tap enter, now a window will appare, in it on the left panel ther will be an opption "Disk Management" click on it, which will show partitions of drives on ur computer on the right panel.........

Now look for an un-named partition & right click on it & chose "Change Drive Letter" opption which opnes a window, now click on "Add" & give it a name by chosing an alphabet. this will make it appare the hidden drive in my computer at once from where u can access it.

to hide it back again just click on remove button where u clicked on add button....

Answer
+53
moins plus
just press F10 n keep rappidly pressing it n it will do it

Answer
+34
moins plus
Hello,
Could you tell us what is your model vaio laptop ?

borichika- May 15, 2009 08:36PM
sony vaio VGN-N110G
sam- Jun 17, 2009 01:52PM
how can i restore my sony vaio vgn-n110g to factory setting
lis- Jul 8, 2009 08:49AM
PCG-7113L
qmontal- Jul 13, 2010 12:51AM
I have a corrupted window file that prevent windows from loading. I have Sony Vaio VGN-FW200 with Vista and I ordered the recovery DVDs. When I put the first disk in and reboot, it reads from the optical disk, but then it goes to the windows and tried to load the files and I get a blank screen. How can I by pass the Hard Drive?
danny- Oct 21, 2012 08:05AM
hi my sony vaio PCG-SRX51P/B wont connect to wifi when i try to connect it says the networks not in range i would like to reset to factory settings or if you know of a way i can repair the wifi then pls give me both options and which one u think is the best choice thank you
Answer
+30
moins plus
Maybe this could help you : http://www.kb.sony.com/...
Best regards

Answer
+13
moins plus
Hi,

When I got f10 and then enter it doesn't start the process it takes me back to my windows log in!

Please help

aquarelle 7076Posts dimanche 8 avril 2007Registration date ModeratorStatus October 20, 2014Last seen - Feb 19, 2014 10:04AM
Hello,

Not just F 10 but alt + F10 together.

Regards
This document entitled « sony vaio laptop Restore factory settings » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.