Wd passport not recognised drive works on samsung tv

Closed
Shane_o-87 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2015 - May 20, 2015 at 04:57 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - May 20, 2015 at 07:46 AM
Watsup Guys, I tried, and researched and wasted over a week trying to fix this.

Eventually after installing ses drivers and what what, firmware updater doesnt work and I'm on this page now.

I have an ext hdd500gb, my passport, worked perfectly then I remember filling it worked well for a day or so after, and ever since just says windows does not recognise.

Laptop is an HP. All other devices connect.
Desktop is running Windows 7 as well.

Funny thing is when I connect it to the usb on my samsung tv, it works like a bomb.

Light comes on, hdd is spinning like a gem when connecting all the time. So its obviously not stuffed yet.

They killed the start up file but this is so frustrating now, wd couldve done better.

Guys please help.
I need a driver, I think it asked for *.inf file.

Thanks alot,
Cheerz from JHB, South Africa.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
May 20, 2015 at 07:46 AM
Hello Shane_o-87

Did you download the driver from our official website here:http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=bBaZdg Can you remember unplugging it incorrectly while making a file transfer?
It doesn't show under My Computer or in Disk Management? Please, check if it has a drive letter assigned. I wonder if the BIOS of your laptop recognizes it.
I would recommend that you try to plug the WD My Passport on different computers and test it via WD tool Data LifeGuard Diagnostics, which you can find here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=We21GW
Can you tell me what type of format is your WD My Passport and the other devices that you connect to your HP laptop?

Best of luck.

KY_WD