I rebooted my PC and now I can't open websites ?

Closed
Jesse - Apr 29, 2015 at 05:32 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 29, 2015 at 06:29 PM
Hello guys I rebooted my computer last night I have windows 8 and my computer was kinda slow so I decided to reboot the system for complete , it took around 3 hours , I was happy with the results tho my computer was fast and perfect the first thing I did was download malware anti virus , I used my computer normally for a couple of hours and turned it off to go to bed now i just turned it on and nor my skype or my VPN program are loading , I'm connected to the internet , I can go on Google and search for stuff but once I actually try to get in any website from google it gives me an error and the website doesn't load , I had to write this From my phone , I've tried a few things on cmd that I've seen on forums and turned off and on my computer but nothing seems to work , please help guys :(
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 29, 2015 at 05:58 PM
Hello

Certainly looks like your computer caught a virus.

Try to boot in safe mode with networking and tell me if you can access your browser.

To boot in safe mode, If you can boot the PC to the login screen, you can hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on Restart to be taken to the troubleshooting option screen where you can enable Safe Mode.
Thank you so much for your help and taking the time to reply , yeah men it worked, i can browse websites with safe mode networking!! funny thing is i had to connect thru wifi even thoe i have the Ethernet cable connected to my computer it seemed not to detect it (this doesnt happen in regular mode) but once i connected i could browse through sites, now how do i get my computer back to normality! :(
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 29, 2015 at 06:29 PM
Hello
I must now log out for 12 hours but I should be able to help you.

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
Ambucias
Moderator and Virus/Security Contributor