Computer making pendrive's shortcut in pendrive and hiding rest

Closed
Anand - Apr 29, 2015 at 01:55 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 29, 2015 at 04:28 PM
Hello,
When I inserted my pendrive in my laptop and opened it through my laptop i saw only a shortcut file with the same name as that of the pendrive's name... and rest of my data was not there. I searched through internet and found a cmd command sollution which only helps to recover your data but not How to remove that virus (which causes such detruction to pendrive) from laptop permanently. My registered McAfee internet security was unable to solve this problem..

I searched through internet to to solve this problem and got some cmd code which only recover data from pendrive ... the code is

attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d F:*.*

...... where F: is the Removal drive letter.

please someone help me in this consern as soon as possible....

Thank You

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 29, 2015 at 04:28 PM
Hello,
# Download USB Fix
  • It will launch automatically, and a shortcut will be created on your desktop.
  • Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, external drives, etc...) Do not open them.
  • Choose "Clean" option.
  • A pop-up will follow :

Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, external drives, etc...)
  • Once you're ready, click "OK".
  • While cleaning, you will loose access to your desktop, but this is normal.

The numbers of analysed and infected elements are displayed.

# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/