Laptop suddenly died, what to do?

Solved/Closed
sinister_citizen Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2015 - Apr 19, 2015 at 03:13 PM
sinister_citizen Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2015 - Apr 19, 2015 at 07:53 PM
Hi, the laptop I'm referring to is hp's compaq nc6220. It's quite old and I'm pretty positive that it's battery died. The reason I believe so is because it ran fine when plugged in but wouldn't work otherwise (could be wrong though, I'm far from an expert).
Anyway, I was using it normaly browsing the internet and it just died. I couldn't turn it on. I thought at the moment that the plug fell out or something (happened sometimes) but no, everything was fine. Tried using other outlets: nothing. The only thing that's worth mentioning is that the LED light flickered when the plug that goes into the laptop was at a certain angle but for a brief moment.
What can I do here? Is the info enough for a possible diagnosis? If so can I revive my old laptop? If not is there a way of recovering the data from it?
Thank you in advance :)

P.S. sorry if my terminology is not correct
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Apr 19, 2015 at 05:45 PM
Hello Sinister,

Your terminology is correct!

The fact that the laptop just all of a sudden died and that you could no longer start it, indicates a power supply issue to which only a qualified technician can attend to.

You data could no doubt be recovered by the technician to another hard disk. Look at the cost of repairing compared to a new machine.

Good luck
sinister_citizen Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2015
Apr 19, 2015 at 07:53 PM
Thanks, will do :)