No display on monitor, light blinks

Solved
Harsh20_4 Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2009 - Updated on Jan 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM
 Anonymous - Jul 7, 2022 at 04:25 AM
Hello,

Yesterday, I was thinking of upgrading my RAM. I bought 512 MB SD RAM, but when I opened my CPU I realized that I am not sure if my machine has SD RAM in it. So, I didn't put the new RAM. I then tried to switch on the machine to run some utility for checking my RAM type.

Unfortunately, when I switched on my machine, my display didn't come up. Now, I am having no clue what went wrong as everything looks fine but there is no display.

When I disconnected my monitor from the CPU, I get a test message as no signal. My monitor looks fine. Please help in sorting the issue out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
System Configuration: Windows XP Professional
Internet Explorer 6.0
P4
Related:

4 responses

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Updated on Jan 6, 2019 at 02:27 PM
Hi,

This usually happens when you are having an issue with your VGA chip. You might need to replace it. This is the last thing you should do, follow the steps given below first:
  • The VGA socket (where you connect the monitor cable for display) is loose. Open the CPU and press the card into the socket
  • Also, do check, at a time there are two VGA sockets -- one is the VGA output and the other is input. But, you must have plugged it in the input socket of the CPU. Change it.

Before that it, do one thing: Remove your RAM out of the socket (that's after switching off and unplugging the CPU). Now power up the CPU and start it. You will hear long beep sound. Keep it running for 5 seconds. Now switch it off and have the RAM back in the socket. Press it evenly on both sides till you hear the click sound.

Stats your CPU now!

Thanks!
Thanku so much It worked ?????
hey, it worked! thanks!
it worked for me too thanks alot
poindextrose15
Jul 8, 2019 at 12:17 AM
Holy cow this worked on a Japanese Aptiva 2190-27J that I picked up for $5 yesterday! Thank you so much!