How to recover hidden data.

Closed
sneha - Apr 5, 2015 at 08:58 AM
¡El Desaparecido! Posts 1521 Registration date Tuesday October 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 23, 2015 - Apr 11, 2015 at 06:07 AM
Hello,

i had a folder of memory size 123GB on my external hard disk (seagate plus) . i was just moved that folder to a new folder. then when i opened that new folder my moved folder was not there. in search option i tried to search that folder but it was showing "no such folder exist". but the memory size in the hard drive showing that 123 GB has used.. i hv typed the command "attrib -h -r -s /s /d h:\*.*" in dos window. still i didn't get my folder. it was displaying " access denied ...
the target of the symbolic link H:\ new folder does not exist. ". please suggest me how to get my folder. folder is bearing all my data dat is vry vry important ..please help me as soon as possible.

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 6, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Make sure that you have opened the "Command Prompt" as "Run

as administrator"

Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be

displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as

administrator".

Now try the attrib command.

Alternative Method :

Click on Start --> In search box, type control folders and press Enter.

Now select the option "Show hidden files, folders or

drives
" and uncheck the check box "Hide protected

operating system files
" --> Click on "OK" button.

Now look for the hidden files\folders in your drive.

Later undo the changes you have made by once again going to "Folder

Options" --> Click on "View" tab and click on "Restore Defaults" button

--> Click on "OK".

Good Luck
no it doesnt work.. same thing it is displaying "access denied and the folder does not exist " :( :( please suggest some other alternatives ...
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 10, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Hello Sneha,

There might be problem with the user permission too. But, first we would like to know if the folder is appearing as a shortcut? Take a snapshot of that folder along with the error that you are getting when trying to open it, zip those two files and upload to the website https://www.speedyshare.com/ and paste the download url here.

Good Luck.
¡El Desaparecido! Posts 1521 Registration date Tuesday October 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 23, 2015 3
Apr 11, 2015 at 06:07 AM
Hi,

Clen with UsbFix : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/
UsbFix remove virus and restore your data ;)