Leneno SL500 Screen is not working on Battery

Closed
sharadkv Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 - Mar 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM
sharadkv Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 - Mar 31, 2015 at 05:10 AM
Lenovo SL 500 screen is not working on battery.

It shows very dim on AC adapter .

Display is working on external display.

What will be the problem.

Regards
Sharad
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Mar 31, 2015 at 04:35 AM
Once you got a picture on the external monitor and established that it is not the video chip or motherboard you will have to try to determine if it is the lcd screen itself or if it is the inverter. The inverter is a small electronic board that controls the voltage that is sent to the backlight (the light bulb of the laptop screen) of the lcd screen. If the inverter breaks or dies then no voltage gets to the backlight resulting in no video output signal to the display. I see that most of the times it is the inverter that is the problem and that is a pretty easy fix , you just have to get the correct inverter that supplies the right amount of voltage and you will be back in business. But in some instances it is the backlight (light bulb) that went , and to repair this is more difficult and more time consuming. One way to see if it is the inverter , is to test the two prongs of the inverter with a voltage meter and see if they are giving off the correct voltage (please read up more on this method , as inverters have high voltage output , so you have to know what you are doing , so I strongly advise to read up on this more prior to doing it , you can read more about this method here ; More Info) Another simpler way is to shine a flashlight on the lcd , if you see a faint image then in most cases it is the backlight that needs to be replaced. If you don't see an image even when shining the flashlight then it is most likely the inverter and it should be an easy fix.

On a last note if you determined that it is the backlight that is faulty , although it is fixable it requires more time and experience then just replacing the inverter , and if one is not experienced he/she can damage the lcd screen itself as well , so generally if the backlight is faulty either have a laptop repair shop replace the backlight , but only one who has experience. Or another option is to buy a new lcd panel and install it either yourself or proffesionally. Generally it is not very difficult to replace a lcd panel but there are some models that are more difficult so try to ask a laptop repair shop about your specific model
sharadkv Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015
Mar 31, 2015 at 05:10 AM
I am able to see the screen when it work on AC, but DIM. I am also viewing an white background just like in cinemas.