Wi-Fi and LAN connected but can n't ping yahoo.com, no internet

Closed
Jo - Mar 26, 2015 at 03:18 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 26, 2015 at 04:10 PM
Hello,
On my wi-fi laptop and desk top I can go to internet. But I have HP LATOP my friend gave me, has OS windows 7 enterprise edition.
Last year this was working fine in my home, but when last month he brought this to my home. I check it has youtube accelerator malware/virus and it can n't go to internet. after search I removed youtube accelerator even from Registry. I restore it. in CMD i did ip release, ip renew, winsock reset, setting in
internet options, Turn off firwall, reset the Router . Other PC's and laptops are working fine. I read every forum on websites , but so far no internet access.
Any help. thanks.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 26, 2015 at 04:10 PM
Did you check for a proxy server in the Browser? I have removed proxy servers and reset the security settings to default in IE on a number of family PCs.

You could also do a Windows Repair from the original Windows DVD. But, you probably don't have one. This site might give you an iso download that you can burn to a DVD:
https://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-enterprise-free-download-iso-32-bit-64-bit-1673423/
I have no idea if the download is safe/free from malware.

Youtube Accelerator is probably not the cause of the problem. It can't get any income if your Internet connection is down.

Good Luck and please report back once you have solved the problem.