Unable to format

Solved/Closed
Garm84 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2015 - Mar 25, 2015 at 06:06 AM
Garm84 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2015 - Apr 1, 2015 at 05:57 PM
Hello, everyone

I have a problem I have 2 HDD a 160gb and a 80gb I was useing them for xbox 360 at the time and months latter it stop reading and when i plug it in my computer it will not read. So i went to diskmgmt.msc and it shows it was in disk management but when i try to format it it wouldnt let me do it it keep saying cant format so i try to mest with the numbers and it let me do some of the 160gb but not all. I only can do some why is that. There is nothing wrong with the hard drives as you can see. here are some pics of the stuff i was doing.

if you can help me format the whole drive it would be nice thanks in advance.

Garm

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 25, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Click on the below hyperlink "MiniTool Partition Wizard" and

follow the instructions.

MiniTool Partition Wizard

Download the "Free Ediition" and install it.

Open the "MiniTool Partition Wizard" and click on "Launch Application".

Now right-click on your unallocated partition --> Select the option

"Create" --> Make sure that the file system is "NTFS" and click on OK.

Now click on the button "Apply".

For more information on partition creation, click on the below hyperlink

"Tutorial".

Tutorial

Good Luck
Garm84 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2015
Apr 1, 2015 at 05:57 PM
Thanks for your help. found out both HDD was bad. My 750gb Seagate was bad I'm not sure why when it was in safe keeping in a HDD cover but plug it in and it didn't even show up. the 120gb one showed up bad hdd so that's why I wasn't able to format the whole 120gb my other 80gb that was in a hdd cover didn't show up either. I guess I need to invest in a nas hdd