Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Laptop power goes on but screen shows nothing [Solved/Closed]

enicky - Latest answer on Jan 10, 2013 03:46AM
Hello,
I have been recently been experiencing problems with my HP Pavilion DV 2000 laptop. For sometime the power button light will go on—but nothing will appear on the screen?
Read more 
Answer
+147
moins plus
Hi,
If the fan spinning when switch on the laptop and no display this can be a problem with the memory. Try removing it putting it back and also if you have 2 memory cards try with one. Try connecting to a external monitor. If it works on a external monitor problem is with the inverter or LCD flex cable.

Larry- Jul 29, 2009 05:18PM
THANKS...IT WORKED FOR ME....I APPRECIATE THE HELP
Hinorei28- Apr 26, 2010 03:24PM
Thank you!!! I completely forgot about reseting the memory until I read it here!!
Mac.23- Aug 10, 2011 11:48AM
Thanks pal it worked for me ur an epic :D
ianC-acer- Jan 10, 2013 03:46AM
thanks
Answer
+76
moins plus
just turn it of and slam it on the floor about 3 times and it will work promise i did that to mines and it worked :D

imamuppetlol- Nov 12, 2012 04:22PM
i tried this but still didnt work pmsl :D
Answer
+54
moins plus
Finally i found someone else with my problem, i got a HP pavilion dv6700 with nvidia graphics and windows vista. It worked fine until today when it just wouldnt show me crap on the screen, ive tried searching for it on this forum but all i found was press ctrl+alt+delete and do lotsa stuff... BUT HOW THE HLL can i do that when i cant see anything and the computer wont even respond to anything else than the power button? The fan is going and all the stuff on my keyboard is lighting up like it should, but the screen is jsut like it was before i turned on the computer. I guess its my graphics card thats against me on this one. Theres obviously no warranty on it and i dont want to buy a new graphic card when i dont even know if thats the problem.
So if anyone could help me i would be forever happy.

Caekes 17Posts Monday August 31, 2009Registration date September 22, 2009Last seen - Sep 1, 2009 10:15AM
EDIT:
My computer is now working for unknown reasons, it turned out to be in hibernate. Even though i turned the computer on and off hundreds of times it loaded quickly without login nad everything is like it was when i turned it off.
lfranscoviak- Sep 1, 2009 01:01PM
How did you discover that your laptop was in hibernate? I have a hp pavillion dv6000 and am having the same problem. I put it in sleep mode yesterday and when I went to turn it back on everything lights up but the screen will not come on. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in and nothing seems to help. I cannot do anything except turn it on and watch it light up. Responds to nothing!
Caekes 17Posts Monday August 31, 2009Registration date September 22, 2009Last seen - Sep 2, 2009 04:18AM
That was my exact problem too, but i dont know exactly what happened because it was my sister that turned it on. When i came to check it out it was all working, even though i had turned it on and off like a hundred times, i even pulled out the battery ffs! But one thing is sure, dont ever use hibernate or sleep mode or whatever, is messes up the computer. It killed our last computer for sure. And btw i put it in hibernate the same day as you and came back the next day to turn it on so maybe it was a "kill all HPs in hibernate night" ? I dont know for sure but it is kinda weird that this happens to the same kind of computer on the same night, as for my post above somewhere i said that i have a dv6700, no idea where that came from cause i got a HP pavilion dv6000.

EDIT: I dont know about other computers but hibernate seems to kill any kind of HPs.
Answer
+24
moins plus
Chronology of my terrible horrible no good very bad experience with HP dv2000.
4 months after I purchased it:
1- Overheat to the degree I can't leave it on my lap.
2- The battery died cell after cell until I had no battery at all and need to be hooked up to the power all time.
3- The charger cable got ripped off from the inside.
4- The hard drive got burned making me lose important data.
5- Another hard drive got burned with the same story.
6- The picture started to act funny, maybe because of the VGA is acting up and starting to die slowly.
7- DVD drive laid to rest forever.
8- Finally the VGA died giving me a black screen, and even the BIOS doesn't show up.
One year after purchasing the late HP dv2000, I returned to my three years old couple of Laptops "warriors" Dell inspiron that still love me even after I dropped them for a terrible horrible no good very bad HP dv2000.
I took a promise on my self to NEVER EVER purchase the following products:
1- HP.
2- HP.
3- HP.
4- NetGear.
5- Western Digital.

Abdellatif Rochdi.

Answer
+12
moins plus
The HP DV series laptops and some others have known motherboard issues and if you are lucky and have an affected model they will replace the motherboard free of charge but only HP can tell you if your model is affected by this. If not the laptop board for the DV series runs from 169.00 to 249.00 depending on your model

Answer
+9
moins plus
Okay, HP must have problems with this model, because I am having the same problem! This laptop shouldn't be having problems this soon, this stinks!

Answer
+8
moins plus
HP's pop-up window stated that my DV6663US (Vista Ultimate 64) laptop needed a bios update. I foolishly believed them, followed the instructions and installed the update, which destroyed the laptop. The laptop was working, but now nothing works and HP says they aren't responsible because it is out of warranty, but for the price of a new laptop, they will install a new motherboard. WARNING: Do NOT take HP's statements at face value. HP may have needed to destroy my laptop in order to inspire me to buy a new laptop, but it won't be an HP.

manjit- Feb 12, 2010 12:15PM
HI ! i recently downgraded my dv6663us laptop from vistaultimate to XP due to some heatiing problems. but un4tunately., i find problems in finding audio and video drivers for XP. plz help me in making my laptp workin greatly. thnk u
Answer
+7
moins plus
For DV2000 Laptop please contact HP - they have a recall going on. They will replace the motherboard for free. I told my friend and he got his done. Believe me on this.

For HP Touchscreen Laptop TX2110 US or similar, if you laptop isnt booting up and your are out of warranty, please call HP sales and Service, dont mention anything about your broken laptop, by HP extended warranty, will cost about $150. Wait for few days and then call Tech support and tell them your laptop went bad recently and have it shipped over to them and they will replace the parts for free because now you are covered in extended warranty.
The trick is to be able to buy extended warranty. It worked for me

Thanks.
ps: i really owed a reply to this forum bcs i was devastated when my laptop broke and now its fixed.

Wendy- Dec 6, 2009 12:51PM
Do you know what HP Replaced on the DV2000. I am having this same problem with my laptop but it is out of warrenty, trying to see if I want to fix this one or buy another one? Thanksw
Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi i have had this computer for almost 6 months. I can log in and when i get on there is nothing except the cursor no desktop. no toolbar...nothing how can i fix this?

This document entitled « Laptop power goes on but screen shows nothing » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.