Ask a question Report

Blue screen appears and system restarts [Solved/Closed]

Virendra - Latest answer on Jul 3, 2010 10:55AM
During normal operationy dumping blue screen appears for a sec with something written like " physical memory dumping"
and then system restarts.I am already using Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. What could be the possible reason?
Read more 
Answer
+219
moins plus
I had the same problem, but now i have the solution for this and it succesfully works. I had Windows XP professional on my computer. So i had to get windows XP professional, then i changed my computer BIOS to boot from DVD/CD drive. Then i restarted my computer and it did that and then it asked me if i wanted to reformat or repair the disk. So i typed in "R" and it took me to recovery console and then in there i typed "CHKDSK" after few minutes it came with results and then after this i typed in "FIXBOOT" and pressed enter. This command makes a new startup sector on the system partition. After that i typed in exit and then it restarted my computer. After your restart it will ask if you want to start your system in safe mode, regular mode and other mode. Than choose the "last good configuration" and after that your computer starts normally with no BSOD problems or error and you still have all the data available on your computer.

tinku- Dec 16, 2009 11:22PM
thanks yar
your solution worked as boon for me
i tried the various options yesterday night till 2.30 am
but no success
now with your solution every thing is ok
thanks again
chinesekidz- Jan 10, 2010 01:01AM
how can i repair it? i use window xp black edition disc s i ve window xp black but i cant find repair. how can i get into window? whatever mode i choose it keep restarting after it reaches to window xo logo screen

anyone please help me
i need my important files inside

thank you
random xp user- Feb 1, 2010 05:13PM
YO! BIG THANKS HELPER!!! fixed my problem! it all works now. whew!!!!!!
Naeem Haddad- Feb 7, 2010 01:53PM
hey dude , you are amazing ... i did it and it worked ,,,, thanks very much :):):)
Stinky- Feb 10, 2010 10:27AM
Helper I am trying this in windows home edition
will this work here?
Also when I go to the recovery console it is askn for a password.
Help asap
Answer
+39
moins plus
THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT 100% WORKS

1) ENTER SAFE MODE
2) CLICK START/ SEARCH/ TYPE "CTFMON" OR "CTFMONB" DELETE FILES
3) SEARCH FOR "BLACKSTER" AND ALSO DELETE
4) *SOLUTION * CLICK START/ RUN/ TYPE: "MSCONFIG"
5) CLICK THE "STARTUP" TAB AND THEN CLICK DESELECT ALL
6) REBOOT PC IN NORMAL MODE
7) (ADVISED) RESTORE COMPUTER BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS

FOR ACER USERS*** PLEASE NOTE: USE ERECOVERY TO RESTORE COPUTER TO DEFAULTS AS THIS ALSO FORMATS THE HARD DRIVE IN THE RESTORE PROCESS.

bobby- Jan 13, 2009 05:45PM
i tried that for when my computer wasn't able to start it went to welcome and then turned dark i restarted it, put it to safe mode and then went back i suggest it for that but it doesn't work for the bluescreen
dakota- Mar 17, 2009 11:17PM
Hi. I tried this to save my computer from the blue screen of death. It worked the first time, but the next day i turned my computer into standby and when i went back to use my computer the blue screen of death was back. I tried this same process again. It doesn't seem to work anymore and i cant get into my computer without going into safe mode. Do you think you can help me?
bobby725- Mar 19, 2009 02:06PM
first of all how did u "save" it

aywayz scan and fix it or delete a recently added program
butch dakota - Sep 1, 2009 03:40PM
Go into safe mode, and restore your computer to an earlier date.
benjaben dakota - Nov 25, 2009 02:13PM
use your operating system setup cd
put it in and restart computer again, then boot from it and when it gives the option to repair choose that option, it will repair your computer and then click finish or press enter when told to do so. the computer will then restart and it may or may not run normally and if it does'nt and still restarts, then try safe mode
Answer
+21
moins plus
THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT 100% WORKS

1) ENTER SAFE MODE
2) CLICK START/ SEARCH/ TYPE "CTFMON" OR "CTFMONB" DELETE FILES
3) SEARCH FOR "BLACKSTER" AND ALSO DELETE
4) *SOLUTION * CLICK START/ RUN/ TYPE: 'MSCONFIG'
5) CLICK THE "STARTUP" TAB AND THEN CLICK DESELECT ALL
6) REBOOT PC IN NORMAL MODE
7) (ADVISED) RESTORE COMPUTER BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS

This worked for my laptop. I removed all the CTFMON files. I did not find anything with "BLACKSTER". I unchecked everytthing in MSCONFIG Startup tab and restarted. I tried so many other things before this and nothing solved it until this.

mathew hengst- Jun 18, 2010 10:39AM
wow thanks i was about to go mad, i don't know how you figured this out or how it fixed it but thanks alot
Answer
+16
moins plus
I also have the same problem but my is not letting me on safe mood , it will flash the blue screen and then do no signal input. then system reset . then same route for starting normally.

medish- Jul 3, 2010 10:55AM
ok mine also do not start using this safe mode what could be the main reason it can happen this thing.
medish- Jul 3, 2010 10:55AM
ok mine also do not start using this safe mode what could be the main reason it can happen this thing.
Answer
+12
moins plus
Hello everyone.
One morning while I was playing a game, (Oblivion if you must know) my game froze. I was playing music at the same time but, which was strange becuase the music continuted to play while the game was frozen. After waiting a little while I decided to restart the pc manually. It restarted then began to load the default windows loading screen. It stayed like this for about 40 secs then it froze too. Suddenly a nasty blue screen poped up. It was lightning quick so I never have the chance to read what the message is saying. I tried to do the F8 thingy, but it does the exact same thing. I can't access save mode either becuase that blue screen does it thing again. I can't even access basic DOS commands. My computer is protected by Kaspersky Internet Security 9.
I beg you kind people of kioskea.net help me please. Thanks in advance. :)
xoxxoxooxoxoxo

Answer
+10
moins plus
hey u know what when blue screen comes up and if its again and again restart that means you have something problem with your memory ram or hard drive .
you have to buy new memory ram.its only cost $27. i think you have to go to jr store its cheap in there . you buy PNY memory ram .

Answer
+8
moins plus
i have the same problem i turn the comp on a black screen comes up and says boot normally or boot with last config that worked it i choose both windows xp screen comes up like its loading then the blue screen comes up not even a second and the comp restarts what do i do?

Answer
+7
moins plus
dude the ctfmon doesnt wanna delete, it says that i need permission to do it, says access denied, is it cause of safe mode? I will try it on normal mode later.

Answer
+7
moins plus
It's typically windows problem. format c drive & reinstall windows vista

Answer
+6
moins plus
Hey,
I have a new Asus netbook and I had the same problem, I even sent it to Asus for repair but it started doing the same thing in a month or less. I am not a professional (not even close), so couldn't even understand how to follow the instructions given here. What I did was I went to properties on my computer, Advanced, then Startup and Recovery, and unchecked the Automatically Restart option to be able to see the problem, 'cause the blue screen would disappear too fast. Then the next time it happened I saw that on top it said a certain file seems to be causing the problem (it was something like policyapp.sys, I don't remember exactly). So I restarted the computer manually. Searched for that file and deleted it. I honestly didn't care what would happen, 'cause I was just so pissed with it restarting all the time. But guess what? It has never happened again and everything is just fine:) It was that easy!

Answer
+6
moins plus
JUST TAKE XP CD AND USE REAPIR OPTION.IT WILL OPEN COMMAND SCREEN TYPE CHKDSK IT WILL RUN A PROCESS,AT ITS COMPLETION TYPE EXIT WINDOWS WILL RESTART AND PROBLEM IS SOLVER.ENJOY.TC:)

Answer
+5
moins plus
this is probably your ram sticks, they are either overloading on programs, and your virtual memory is maxed.

or you are expieriencing hardware failure, try removing the ram, cleaning it and reinstalling, also clean your pc's dust.

hero- Oct 10, 2009 01:09AM
DUDES YOUR RAM CAN BE GOOD BUT THE SLOT BURNED OUT TRY TO USE JUST ONE OR SWITCH THEM OUT SEE WICH SLOT DONT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer
+4
moins plus
well let me clarify my question the blue screen appears when i run it in safe mode but when i run it normal it loads to windows xp load page then about 1 minute after shutsdown and restarts again can anyone help?

Answer
+4
moins plus
i have a similar problem http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-147559-computer-blue-screens-6-0-6001-2-1-0-256-1
please check out my post i coz i dont think these answer apply to me.

Answer
+4
moins plus
There are many resons to get a blue screen on your desktop,that might be a problem with your
Hard ware or software that was installed recently,
Due to over load on your desktop, and over heat,
Time to upgarde your drivers,
software and hardware is not compatable,
Problem with your RAM or HDD
Virtual memory might be bottle neck,

Answer
+3
moins plus
format the pc and reinstall

Answer
+3
moins plus
system restart and safe mode

Answer
+3
moins plus
hi this happened to me. I think AMBUCIAS is right. you might have your graphic card checked.
this happened to me when i was about to open a game.
then it turned blue and says something about dumping

Answer
+3
moins plus
but if your computer does nto get that far..windows xp screen then, bsod, the restarts.

Answer
+2
moins plus
i am using pentium 3. But now a days when i boot my system a blue
screen appears automattically. i tried to install xp but it doesn't
helped me blue screen again appears please send me a solution

raku- Sep 24, 2008 04:54AM
connect your hard disk as secondary harddisk in another pc
then format the disk
by going to my computer->computer manage->disk management
(copy the data to the main hard disk)
reinstall xp freshly
staryahoo- Oct 22, 2008 04:01PM
that is lack of memory ....try changing ran slot ...and check weather ur virtual memory is not maximun. or too minimum it should be normal.
bobby- Jan 13, 2009 05:54PM
don't add any programs or anything.Try deleating recently added programs or downloaded stuff hope it helpes if not then reply to me bobby
parekoy84- Aug 22, 2009 06:00AM
first check you memory
second if you have 2memory try to install 1chip first
1 2 Next
This document entitled « blue screen appears and system restarts » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.