I have a relatively new Gateway laptop MT3422, purchased 1.5 years ago. When I try to turn the computer on the LED lights work and the fan makes noise, but the screen will not boot. I took out the battery and plugged in my computer to the power supply, and the computer worked just fine.
I do not know anything about computers, but I am assuming that this is a problem with the battery. Can this battery be fixed, would purchasing a new battery fix this problem, or should I seek a computer repair shop?
- My gateway laptop won't boot up
- Gateway laptop problems
- Troubleshooting a gateway laptop
- Gateway laptop LED turns on but doesn't boot » Forum - Laptop
- Gateway notebook will not turn on (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Laptop shut off, will not turn back on (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Laptop will not turn on, power light is on. (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- System not power up, cpu fan is running (Solved) » Forum - CPU
I had the same issue on my gate way computer for a while i didn't do anything for a while then one day i took it to a local computer store and when i showed them it, it just started working all right. So i lucked out there but couple months down the road it did the same thing and i am stuck with the same problem again. It looks like the computer works after a long time but then does the same thing again. I am running out of options as to what i want to do either get a new motherboard or just get a new laptop.