Internet Eplorer won't work

Solved/Closed
vglnn30 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2008 - May 20, 2008 at 09:05 PM
 JAALOVE - Jun 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM
Hello,
Hey everyone I am new to this website hopefully someone out there could help me out with my comp. is Windows XP
my son downloaded some videos in my comp behind my back n the comp caught like a virus, now Interner Explorer won't work at all I unistalled it n installed it n the comp. is still the same. I can't get online at all only with AOL I could get online but I still can't send e-mails, I can't sign in to Yahoo! I can't download Norton antivirus which I just bought n it basically sucks to be online like that the only thing I was able to download was AVG which it said that it clear the virus but he comp is the same.

thanks
Related:

21 responses

Hi there!
I had a similiar problem. Could not get it solved by Acer or AT&T/Yahoo.

First try using Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If that doesn't work, open your Explorer browser, go to Tools, Internet Options,Advanced, and Restore Advanced Settings.
If that doesn't work, open your Explorer browser, go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset, and Reset.

I did these things, none of it helped me.

But this did!
Try these two things. Make carefull notes in case you want to set things back the way they were before.
1)User Agent String Utility
2)msiserver.reg
Go to Microsoft Help to get these downloads.
Hi Mike
I had a computer problem where it was all locked up and I was getting desperate. In an attempt to try to correct it I came across your advice and it worked. Thanks a million.
best regards,
Steve
The reset method worked! Thaaaaaaaank you!!!!!