Alternate email expired

Closed
Sajede - Jan 28, 2015 at 09:54 AM
doooshi Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2016 - Jan 1, 2016 at 02:02 PM
Hello,

My alternate email expired and when I want to contact to costumer care service I receive the following message because I live in Iran. please help me I cannot access my account
Due to export controls by the US Treasury and Commerce Department, Yahoo cannot offer assisted support to users from embargoed countries.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 28, 2015 at 06:03 PM
Sorry but a US Federal law as well as other countries has imposed sanctions on your country, most companies are forbidden to deal with Iran, hence you will no get any help.

It's a political decision based on your government's behaviour.

Sorry
Hi Ambucias, thank you very much for your answer although not solved my problem. It should be noted that I love my government even I lose my account.
Best
doooshi Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2016
Jan 1, 2016 at 02:02 PM
According to the US Department of the Treasury policy on Internet Freedom in Iran, web and internet services to persons in Iran must not be limited.
Yahoo does it in the name of the US Treasury.

https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/financial-sanctions/sanctions-programs-and-country-information