Boot incomplete; blue screen error appeasd

Closed
ming - Jan 17, 2015 at 01:00 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Jan 17, 2015 at 01:40 PM
Hello!
i recently added a new HDD on my desktop and tried to boot. But booting doesn't complete. Blue screen error appears. I tried all the solutions like pressing F2 etc... so plz help me... :)
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jan 17, 2015 at 01:40 PM
Hi ming,

Unfortunately, your explenation is a bit scetchy.

When you say you fitted a new hard drive ...

Did this have data or on operating system already on it? - if so the operating system is probably looking for hardware that doesnt exist on the new PC, or iit is trying to access hardware that does exist with the wrong instructions and getting an unexpected reply causing it to crash.

Did you install a new operating system on the drive? if so is this a fresh install from the CD?

What sort of hard drive is it? Is it the only hard drive in the machine? If it is an IDE then did you mark it a "slave" drive? If it is set to "mater" then it will compete for attention with the original drive.

What is the error message?