Viewing Windows movie maker DVDs on T.V.

Solved/Closed
me - Mar 17, 2009 at 02:56 PM
 jeannette - Oct 11, 2011 at 06:18 AM
Hello,

I have an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A ATA Device on my computer. I use Windows Movie Maker and the DVD maker to create and burn my DVDs. I am using DVD + R DVDs. I see the burner is working and burning the DVDs, however I'M not able to actually see the movie when I use my regular DVD player connected to the T.V.

The DVD will play back on Windows Media Player just fine.

Thank you.
Related:

4 responses

OureGoodDogge
Dec 14, 2010 at 05:48 PM
This works on other computers, but not on TV DVD players as Windows DVD maker states it will at the time you burn the DVD....
I transfer my digital pictures and movies to my computer and am able to burn a dvd but often have problems viewing them on the tv, do you have any answers? Thanks in advance
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Mar 17, 2009 at 04:04 PM
To create DVD's that can be viewed on another device you must choose the Mastered option and you must finalize the DVD.

Discs formatted with the Mastered option:
Don't copy files immediately, meaning you need to select the entire collection of files that you want to copy to the disc, and then burn them all at once.

Are convenient if you want to burn a large collection of files, such as a music CD.

Are compatible with older computers and devices such as CD players and DVD players.

Close or finalize a CD or DVD

Before you can use a recordable disc (such as CD-R, DVD-R, or DVD+R) formatted with the Live File System format in other computers and devices, you need to close the current disc session to prepare the disc for use. By default, Windows closes your disc automatically when it is ejected.

To close a disc automatically
Press the Eject button on your computer's disc drive.

Windows automatically closes the current session. This consumes 20 megabytes (MB) of disc space and can take several minutes.

To stop closing discs automatically
Click to open Computer.

Right-click the drive icon that represents your writeable drive, and then click Properties.

Click the Recording tab, and then click Global Settings.

Clear the Automatically close the current UDF session when the disc is ejected check box.

To close a disc manually
Click to open Computer.

Right-click the drive icon that represents your writeable drive, and then click Close session.

Once the disc is ejected, the session will be closed and the disc can be used in other computers and devices.

Notes
After you close a disc session, you can still add additional files to the disc, but you must close each additional session to be able to use the disc on another computer.

If you remove a disc from your computer without closing the disc session, you can close it at a later time. Just return it to the computer's disc burner and follow the steps above to close the session.

Some programs might finalize your disc instead of closing the current session. You can't add any additional files to a disc that has been finalized.
Thank you very much!
OureGoodDogge
Dec 14, 2010 at 05:40 PM
@xpcman, in windows system 7 there does not exist the Mastered option, or finalized nor does it give an option to click "Close Section" are you just referring to clicking the red x in the upper right hand corner?
yeah, saving stuff using windows movie maker doesn't work when played on a DVD player attached to a TV.