How to fix Run DLL Errors

Closed
Jazzman7 Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2015 - Jan 3, 2015 at 12:29 PM
 Unknown - Mar 2, 2015 at 06:54 AM
Can anyone tell me how I can fix Run DLL Errors? Thanks! Jazzman7
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 5, 2015 at 05:17 AM
Click Start, Type msconfig in Run
In system configuration dialog box, uncheck sysmenu.dll under Boot Tab if this boot option exists.
And check if there are related keys about sysmenu.dll under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
If there are, please try to delete them.
After going to Msconfig I went to the Boot Tab. All that comes up under that Tab are my "C" files. Nothing else shows up. Thanks for alyour effort in trying to help iththis problem.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 5, 2015 at 04:07 PM
Locate the error with System Configuration

1. Go to your Start menu and select the Run
2. Enter "msconfig" to load the System Configuration Utility
3. When it shows up, choose the Selective Startup option and enable only one of its options
4. Apply the changes and restart the computer
5. If an error message appears concerning the specific option selected, continue the same procedure until the Rundll error appears for any specific selected option from the list.
Sir, I have the same problem and tried to use the methods written above but still the errors are still active after I enable one option and restart it. Even I've tried to disable all option available, still it remains the same errors that come up 3 times and the errors appears: There was a problem starting C:PROGRAM~1\COMMON~1\System\SysMenu.dll The specified module could not be found.
Jan 3, 2015 at 04:33 PM
This problem could occur due to an incorrect program removal procedure. You can try to fix it by installing the program that has been removed, and to uninstall it either with the Uninstall option provided by the program itself, or through the Add/Remove feature in the Control Panel menu.

1. Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel
2. Select Add/ Remove program, locate the program you want to remove and click Remove
3. When the procedure is over, delete any shortcuts that could remain and empty the Recycle Bin
4. Reboot your system
Thank you for your reply but I have tried several ways to get rid of the error and nothing has worked thus far. I would delete the program but I can't find it. Here is what the error actually say:

There is a problem starting this program.
C;\Program~1\Common~1\System\SysMenu.dll
The specified module could not be found.

I have no idea what this program is or I would find it and delete it. Thanks for any light you can shed on this error problem. :) Jazzman7