Corrupt .edb

Closed
peterweav880 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2014 - Dec 21, 2014 at 04:00 AM
johnwalt Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2014 - Dec 27, 2014 at 02:16 AM
I have an exchange server with a .edb that is in a dirty shutdown state. I have 2 storage groups. The second storage group will not mount due to dirty shutdown. That database is on e: drive, the transaction logs are in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Second Storage Group I tried to run eseutil /mh e:\exdb2 but I get an error saying that the file is locked.

What is the exact command I need to run to repair the .edb?

1 response

johnwalt Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 at 02:16 AM
First you need to stop your Information Store service and back up everything (edb, stm, and log files) to a different disk. You must ensure that you have sufficient amount of free disk space.

Now, follow the steps given below to get your database back to the clean shutdown state:
Initially, run the following command to verify your database consistency:

eseutil /mh "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

If you find the database state to be 'Dirty Shutdown', perform a soft repair using the below command:

eseutil /r "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

This command replays the transaction log files to make sure that all the database operations are successfully completed.

Perform a hard repair of your database using 'Eseutil /p' as follows:

eseutil /p "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

Defrag your database stores by using the 'Eseutil /d' command-line utility.

Finally check the database integrity by running the 'Isinteg' utility from the BIN folder as follows:

'isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests'

If doesn't help, look here: https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/843332/Trouble-reading-files-error-service-transaction-er