When I type, letters going all over the place

Solved/Closed
emutennis - Mar 16, 2009 at 01:21 PM
 relieved - Oct 26, 2012 at 06:23 AM
Hello,

I am typing a letter and the first line types fine and then suddenly my typing ends up on another part of the page! What the heck? I am about ready to scream! Any suggestions?
Related:

5 responses

I have the same problem when I use my laptop...and it-s because I keep running my hand over the mouse area...
I think I-m using my mouse but actually the mouse pad is still active.
That happens to me too, but I have noticed is not the mouse pad, it happens a lot when I press the "t" letter, although sometimes happens with any other letter, but my point is that most of the time is with "t".

I think I will have to format my laptop.
Toshiba Satellite a305
Graham > Mile
Jan 10, 2010 at 08:20 AM
I have had the same problem since I got my new laptop & think I have solved it today. I have selected mouse in the control panel and on mouse pointer options unchecked the enhance pointer precision box. Now seems to be working fine
I really apreciate your help, problem resolved. Thanks.
thesanestaley
Sep 25, 2010 at 08:10 PM
Finally an answer! I wonder why Precision enhance does this to the keyboard?
one year later thank you so much... yes it is working
Do you have a laptop with a touchpad below the keyboard? See if you can
change the sensitivity of the touchpad.
If you have a touchpad, check to see if under options, you have a palm sensitivity setting. This setting is specifically for inadvertant mouse actions introduced by the touchpad. I was able to reduce this problem by making an adjustment there.
hi I had the same issue. When I turned off the tap function on the touch pad it stopped. There maybe a way to just reduce the sensitivity of it but i'll leave that to you - good luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I often have the same problem, however I've discovered that it is do to my laptop touch pad. When I'm type I'll accidently hit the keypad causing the mouse to click, changing the place of my curser. Anyoing, yes, but easly solved. You can try one of two solutions. One: adjust the sensitivity of your touch pad so that a simple tap won's cause a problem or Two: move you mouse to an area of the page blow the text you are typing so that when it clicks, your curser stays in the same place.
Hope that helps.