Windows XP startup problem

Solved/Closed
RoxyReynolds Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2014 - Nov 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM
 RoxyReynolds - Nov 20, 2014 at 05:54 PM
I am running Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. Recently the laptop had been displaying error messages, but it always started up after a disk check. Yesterday the whole thing froze and I had to do a manual shut down. When I started it back up it kept going into an endless cycle of reboots and flashing a blue screen.

I tried safe mode it showed a page full off driver information ending with windowssystem32driversmup.sys and it flashed the blue page then automatically restarted itself again. It keep doing it over and over.

When it restarted it, it led to this page that had "Safe Mode, Start window normally, and Last Known Good Configuration...ect.." I tried to click on every options but it still the same, the blue page came up again.

I tried f8, f10, f12, did a harddrive test, nothing works.

Please help, I need a working laptop.

And if this helps, I use a wireless network.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Nov 20, 2014 at 01:29 PM
Your hard disk has been failing for a long time and now has completed that failure. I suggest you have a local repair shop do a diagnosis for you. You probably will need a new hard disk and a re-install of Windows.

Good Luck
Thank you! I'll get it repaired