Fan on high, led lights blink, black screen

Closed
FlyingaG7 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2014 - Nov 19, 2014 at 03:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Hello there!

I have an HP Pavilion G7 1317cl. When I turn it on, the fan sounds like its stuck on high speed, the wireless LED is orange, and the caps lock and num lock white LED's blink. I have tried a hard reboot, taking out the battery (which is dead) rebooted it over 50 times, took it all apart, re seated the hard drive, ram, and all of the ribbons and connections, cleaned out the dust, tried connecting an external monitor up, tried pressing f2 for BIOS, and I have had no success. It still just runs the fan on high, and blinks those LEDs. I hooked up my hard drive to my work PC and was able to copy all of my data over, so I know that my hard drive works. I did notice that before I hit the power button, my screen has kind of a green hue to it. When I hit the power, it turns dark black, but that's it. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, please enlighten me with the fix!

Thank you very much!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Most likely this problem is related to a motherboard failure and the motherboard has to be replaced.

Good Luck