Corrupt Pptx files. Need to repair them. Please help!

Solved/Closed
BallSteven2 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2014 - Nov 12, 2014 at 08:12 AM
RolfLinds Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2014 - Nov 14, 2014 at 06:26 AM
Hey guys, there is big mess over here.
Here I quote: I made some presentation files for promoting our new business. I showed them to my boss. She was quite happy with my work and asked me to send them to our clients. Next day I sent them to all our clients. In the evening time boss got some mails from those clients that the files are not opening. So she asked me to make them again.
I have no more time and it is certainly impossible to make those files again but there must be a solution for this situation. Please help. Your help will be surely appreciated.
Related:

1 response

RolfLinds Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 at 06:26 AM
1st. Try to find the temporary file when you creating it
When you edit a presentation, PowerPoint creates a temporary copy of the file. This temporary file is named PPT####.tmp.

Note #### represents a random four-digit number.

This temporary file may reside in the same folder as the presentation. Alternatively, it may reside in the temporary file folder.
Step 1: Look for temporary file in the documents folder
Windows Vista
Click Start, and then click Documents.
Look for a file that is named PPT####.tmp.
Windows XP
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %userprofile%\My Documents.
Click OK.
Look for a file that is named PPT####.tmp.
If you do not find the file, you must search for it. To do this, go to step 2.

If you do find the file, go to step 3.
Step 2: Search for the temporary file
Windows Vista
Click Start, and then type PPT*.tmp in the Start Search box.
Press ENTER.
Microsoft Windows XP
Click Start, and then click Search.
In the Named box or in the Search for files or folders named box, type PPT*.tmp.
In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Find Now or Search Now.
Step 3: Rename the file, and then try to open the file in PowerPoint
Right-click the file, and then click Rename.
Change the old file name extension from .tmp to .pptx so that the file name resembles the following file name:
PPT####.pptx
Start PowerPoint.
In PowerPoint 2007 click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open. In PowerPoint 2010 click the File menu, and then click Open.
Browse to the folder that contains the renamed file.
Try to open the file in PowerPoint.
Note More than one file may correspond to the temporary file that was created the last time that you saved the presentation. In this case, you may have to open each file to see whether one is the temporary copy of the presentation.