No Screen signal when I turn on my PC

Solved/Closed
hassenb Posts 9 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2014 - Nov 6, 2014 at 05:42 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 7, 2014 at 05:01 AM
Hello,

Yesterday, my PC was running smoothly, I wanted to install my recovery HDD (Which contain files that I don't want to loose). I turned off the PC, took all the cables off, placed the HDD in the HDD box inside my PC case, re put everything back and started the PC. I got 3 long Beep messages (which refer to the RAM) so I switched my RAM slots and turned back the PC on, there was no Beeps, everything is running, I can hear the fans running, HDDs doing the normal sound but there is no signal on the screen (note that the HDD led lights when I first run the PC and then it stop lighting). This issue happened to me before, I took off the CMOS and replaced it (as it solved my porblem before) but there still no signal. I tried plugging in the DVD Drive (It was always plugged off as it keeps getting in and out so I unplugged it) but there still no signal on screen.

Finally, I took off the new HDD that i placed and still no signal on screen.

Please, any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Hassen B

Edit:
- If this helps: I don't really think that the Motherboard is dead as the PC was running normally.
- PC Specs: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz. 3GB (2GB + 1GB) DDR2 RAM. Gainward GTX 550Ti GS Graphic Card, OCZ 550W Power Supply, WD Caviar Blue 640GB (The System Hard Drive) and Segate Baracuda 500GB (The HDD that I tried to install).
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 6, 2014 at 08:09 AM
Hi, Hassen

I would recommend you to remove your RAM, clean the slots and place it back. Is there a possibility that your PSU is dying? If you have the option, connect your HDD to another PC and check if it is OK. Remove your WD Blue drive, since it is your OS drive, and scan it with Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. This way you could remove one component from the list of "possible faulty items". When trying to boot, is there a single short "beep" noise coming from the motherboard?
https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?DL - Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows.

Hope this helps
hassenb Posts 9 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2014 17
Nov 6, 2014 at 08:28 AM
Hey mate! The PSU can't be dead, I bought it recently and it still in warranty already. And unfortunately, don't have another PC to do diagnostics with. I will try pulling out the RAM once I'm home and see what will it do.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 6, 2014 at 09:54 AM
OK, check it, but if it does not result helpful, you should find a way to test that HDD. Check for the single short beep after turning on the PC.
hassenb Posts 9 Registration date Thursday November 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2014 17
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Guess what mate? I'm now online via my PC!! \o/ I took out GPU and the RAM, switched their sides. Unplugged all the wires (the 20pin, the CPU's 4 pin, and the GPU's 6pin) and kept pushing the power button for around a minute so the PC uncharges completely) I also removed the CMOS and then after pulling everything back together IT WORKED! :D

Do you have PayPal mate? I want to send you a small tip as THANK YOU for the help! : )
Nov 7, 2014 at 05:01 AM
Thank you, man, but that's is really not necessary! You have done some pretty good troubleshooting. I am glad you found the solution and everything is working fine now.