No image on HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop

Closed
veerendradarakh Posts 8 Registration date Sunday December 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2015 - Oct 31, 2014 at 04:21 AM
veerendradarakh Posts 8 Registration date Sunday December 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2015 - Nov 7, 2014 at 01:48 AM
Dear all,

Greetings.

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop.

All of a sudden there were no images on the screen altho the panel lights were on.

After some time of and on there was image coming on the screen i.e sometimes there was an image and sometimes there was no image.

It is my staff laptop and it is possible that it was not being handled as delicately as it should have been.

I take it to my residence also many a times on a two wheeler.

Can the forum ple help me to find out the cause of this problem.

My computer technician says that it requires servicing . He has not elaborated as to what exactly he is going to do.

All inputs would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh
Related:

2 responses

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Oct 31, 2014 at 05:09 AM
Hi Darakh,

How much older is the laptop you're using?? Have you faced the same error before?

Was the image you are calling is 'Blank Screen'? Keep in mind that it's the indication of something bad happens with your laptop and you might need to take it to repair center as the problem might be related to hardware.

Also, if you've recovery media, consider making it handy this time by repairing damaged Windows using it. Make use of 'Advanced Startup Options' (Come after continuously pressing F8 just after starting your system.)

Meanwhile, please provide the complete system specs along with more problem details to get more accurate response.

Good luck though!!
veerendradarakh Posts 8 Registration date Sunday December 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2015
Nov 7, 2014 at 01:48 AM
Many thanks for the response nathanwirth.

The specifications of my laptop are as follows:

* intel Core2 duo processor
* 3 GB RAM
* 250 GB HDD
* Windows XP professional.

My computer technician ' serviced" the laptop. I am not exactly sure as to what he means by " servicing" of the laptop. He had kept the laptop in his office for 2 days for testing.

After that the volume control and the sound on 7 off button (mute key) is not working.

This problem had occurred before also . Pls see this thread:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-753324-laptop-keys-not-working-after-display-card-repair#p753326

I will be benefited if the forums helps me with this issue also.

Hope to see many responses and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh