Ipod shuffle not connecting? HI - TECH QUESTION

Closed
deegriffin Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 28, 2014 - Oct 28, 2014 at 04:46 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 30, 2014 at 07:14 PM
I have an ipod shuffle (GEN 4) which I love and use on a daily basis for a good few years now. Never had any problems with it until the past week now, I am unable to connect it to my computers. (Mac book pro)

The finder is not acknowledging the device so it does not appear anywhere? It is not recognised.
I did update the version of itunes but that does not explain why the device does not appear on the desktop or finder when attached.

Already checked:
Device connected correctly, the usb port is working as tried a different device and it automatically appeared on desktop.
Turned on and off device etc all those tips that Apple support give.
None work, Please help I love this ipod but cant put any songs other than whats already on it at present.

I am wondering if the ipod was connected and something was checked for it not to appear on computers can this be rectified.

PLEASE HELP! I know Apple updates may be the issue in order for me to buy another apple product but feck that , my ipod is perfect plays fine and works away only now i cannot add anymore songs onto it.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 30, 2014 at 07:14 PM
You should try a different USB connector cable and/or check the ipod connector to see if it's dirty or damaged.