CaptuClipboardZanager 3 has stopped working

Closed
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 - Oct 27, 2014 at 05:07 PM
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 - Oct 30, 2014 at 06:32 PM
Hello,

I've recentely installed a ClipboardZanager 3, which is a clipboard manager :
When I downloaeded it, I didn't find any versions(64X or 32X), thus, I had to download the file setup I found. However, when I installed it, it suggested to be installed in this path below, which means it is 32X. But, my Windows system is 7 Home premium 64X.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Etienne BAUDOUX\ClipboardZanager 3\

I din't find any problem installing it. However, when the setup installed the program successully, I found this error
When lunching the program 'CaptuClipboardZanager 3 has stopped working'

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling it again, but the same error is still keeping showing for me.

I don't know if this is the problem of the program(such as corrupting setup of that program), or there is something else worng

However, it is now working well when I did these things:
First: I have tried plugging my laptop in to main power supply.
Second: I have tired running the program as admin by clicking on it right click, then chose 'run as admin'

Thus, it is working well now, even when I closed it, then run it again normally(without running it as admin)

As a result, I don't know if the solution was with:
First option, or second option.

Related:

10 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 27, 2014 at 06:02 PM
I would think that the second option is the one,

Best regards
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Oct 28, 2014 at 09:46 AM
Yes, I agree with you, but if that only option were the one, I would have had to open the program as a dmin each time I nee it to be running.
However, I had to run it one time as a admin once it was installed. However, now it is run with the startup programs.
Blocked Profile
Oct 28, 2014 at 10:30 AM
The amount of battery/power SHOULD not hinder any software operation, only hardware.

Perhaps the best place to ask why, would be the author of the program that wrote it.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
Thanks a lot,
I must have agreed with you, however, so far I don't need to run it as a admin since it runs with every start of Windows 7. However, I had to run it one time as a admin once it was installed and I faced that problem. Do you think that that problem was related to the fact that program should work as an admin. If so, then I would have had to run it as an admin each time.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 28, 2014 at 05:49 PM
You are totally correct, you must run it as admin.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Oct 28, 2014 at 06:25 PM
But I have never had to run it again once my computer got started since it works with startup programs, i think.

But, do you think that I will need to run it as an admin in the next time if I disable it from running with startup programs.
Oct 28, 2014 at 06:37 PM
From what I know from your work situation, you are working from a network with several stations.

I may be wrong but the software which you wish to use is sort of a system software which is detected as such on your network and must have admin rights to be run.

Again you might have hit the spot by disabling it from startup.

Is this software necessary to you? You must certainly have a back-up system?

Regards
Thanks a lot,
It is not very necessary for me, but it is good since the MS Windows built-in clipboard only keeps once, and also doesn't retain copied data after restarting the computer.
Thus, it is good for me.
I really don't know what you meant 'you work working from a network with several stations.' However, I would be saying that I am connected to a wireless router wirelessly.
Oct 29, 2014 at 04:32 AM
Could you please reply to my last reply to close this issue?
Oct 29, 2014 at 05:30 AM
Yes run it as admin
Oct 29, 2014 at 05:59 AM
Thanks a lot,
But you didn't reply to me about 'I may be wrong but the software which you wish to use is sort of a system software which is detected as such on your network and must have admin rights to be run. '
What you meant with several station.

I really don't know what you meant 'you work working from a network with several stations.' However, I would be saying that I am connected to a wireless router wirelessly.
Oct 29, 2014 at 04:02 PM
Several stations: my mistake, sorry
Oct 30, 2014 at 06:32 PM
Thanks a lot, could you please understand me.

I was thinking that this program should be running as an admin all times. However, only in the first time after once it got installled, I had to run it as an admin since with normal privileges, I would be receiving that error.

However, I really had unchecked it from the startup program and restart my computer, then I run it again with normal privileges, thus it worked well without any problems.

As a result, Why have I had to run it with an admin privileges after installing it, or otherwise I will end with that error? However, then I had to not run it as admin privileges even when it is unchecked in the startup programs?