Brand new build powers on but gets no signal on monitor

Closed
dennisdotj Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2014 - Oct 14, 2014 at 01:26 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 14, 2014 at 07:27 AM
I don't get it all of these are brand new parts all the fans spin up but no matter what the monitor says no signal I tried 2 different monitors and a TV I used my mother board and the graphics cards as means of display and I get noting. Someone PLEASE help me I spent $400 on this computer used all of my money thinking I'd be come a PC gamer by the end of the week but this build has been a disaster and I don't know why!

All I get is a yellow light on my monitor
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 14, 2014 at 03:16 AM
Hi there,

It would be much easier if you post your parts. From the provided information, I would say that your new configuration has some power issues. What is the model of your power supply? Can you confirm that it is providing enough power to the graphic card. Spinning fans is a good sign, but does not definitely mean that power is enough. Keep in mind that this is just one suggestion. I suspect that your monitor/tv works normally if not connected to the PC, so I would contact the reseller and ask for a power supply change.

Hope this helps
dennisdotj Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 at 03:23 AM
A cx430 and maybe my 24 pin power cord will not go all the way into the bord I push down as hard as I possibley can yet I never hear it click the little hook is in the way here take a look
https://imgur.com/KrGTBv8

Do you really think its because of the power? I mean the fans do spin but look at that thing I just can't get it in

I mean even if this is the issue I can't get the damn thing in idk why. The force I put on that thingstarts to bend the board
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 14, 2014 at 07:27 AM
Well, it all depends on your other parts, but the CX430, even though it is a pretty good power supply, provides rather low power. Again, all depends on the other parts, but 430W really may not be enough. The connection between the PSU and all other components should be plugged in tightly and you should hear a clicking sound. There is a slight possibility that your power supply may not be sufficient, even if you manage to resolve that motherboard issue. I do not advise you to use too much pressure, in order to avoid further problems. Could tell me your CPU, GPU and motherboard models?

https://www.tomshardware.com/ - check this topic. Obviously other people have the same connectivity issue. The PSU model is different, but the case is similar.