My Xbox thinks disks are DVDs

Solved/Closed
16brada Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2014 - Oct 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM
 16brada - Oct 22, 2014 at 07:57 PM
Hello,
Every time I try to put a disk in my Xbox it says play dvd. This is on every game. I have tried clearing my cache, and I know it's not the disk drive because it works in other Xbox's so it's the consol. I have not tried modding of any kind but I have opened it up and replaced some stuff. What should I do?

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Oct 14, 2014 at 09:35 AM
Hey 16brada. This is quite common. Unfortunately it is usually connected to a problem with the disk or in the worst case scenario - a problem with the DVD drive. I would suggest that you contact xbox customer support, they can help you trouble shoot your drive, and determine if this is the case.
There are also a couple of different solutions in youtube for that type of issue, but I wouldn't recommend that you try them, because you never know how credible the info is for sure and you may do additional damage to the console.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
Ok, thanks for the reply!