Internet connected but it's not working

Closed
MohabGamal Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2014 - Oct 5, 2014 at 03:20 AM
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014 - Oct 11, 2014 at 05:25 PM
Hello,
i currently installed windows 7 X64 on a new PC, i installed the last updated realtek lan driver and the internet appears to be connected, but nothing works, i can't open any site, i can't use Utorrent or Skype or anything, just nothing works.
sometimes the browser works for just few seconds and it's dead slow, i can't even open google and just in a second it's frozen again.

Help please. !!

1 response

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 at 05:25 PM
Does it work in any other devices?
If yes then try changing your dns to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

Here is how:

Open the Windows 7 Control Panel, which on most computers you can access directly from the Start Menu.

Once Control Panel is open, click Network and Internet.

Note: If you have either the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel selected, you won't see Network and Internet. Find and click Network and Sharing Center applet instead and then skip to Step 4.

Click the large Network and Sharing Center heading.

Look in the left margin and click the Change adapter settings link.

From the Network Connections window that's now on screen, find and double-click on the network connection that you use to connect to the Internet. This is the one you'll be changing the DNS servers for.

Tip: In Windows 7, wireless connections are usually labeled as Wireless Network Connection, while wired ones are usually labeled as Local Area Connection.

Click on the Properties button from the connection's Status window.

Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list of items on the connection's Properties window.

With that item selected, click on the Properties button.

Near the bottom of the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window, choose the Use the following DNS server addresses: radio button.