Macro or VB code Help on Moving data from one sheet to another

Closed
DSDaisy Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2014 - Sep 23, 2014 at 06:36 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Sep 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Hello,
Would request you to please help on the following query I have. I have an Input sheet which has data entered in Column A to F like name, emp id, date etc and I need this data to move in specific cells of a pre formatted new worksheet. I can do this using excel formulas however what I need is that I get one output sheet worksheet created automatically once I enter data in Input Sheet. Lets say I had 20 names in Input sheet , then I need 20 worksheets created automatically one for each person (Same format always) and some cells of Input sheet to be copied in these output worksheet.
Would be grateful if someone can share his views on how to best do this work automatically instead of manually creating sheets and referencing it.

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Sep 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Hi DSDaisy,

You start by creating a template sheet of how you want the Named sheets to look like. Call the sheet "Template" and hide it.

Now you write a code which checks if the Named sheet is already there, if not unhide the "Template" sheet, make a copy of it and rename the copy the appropriate Name, hide the "Template" sheet again.
Now you put the correct data in it's correct place.

Think about:
- If you want to keep the data on the Named sheets or if you want to overwrite them.
- When you want the code to run (manually/automatically).
- Handle all entry's at once or one at the time.

Good luck and best regards,
Trowa