BSoD

Closed
Quinley Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 16, 2014 - Sep 16, 2014 at 11:25 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 16, 2014 at 03:02 PM
Hello,
I have both Mac and Windows 7. I like both and use both. However, Bill Gates is not on my good side right now. I have been trying days to figure out how to boot from my DVD drive so that i can use my recovery discs. All answers say, Download this and that, and its like, REALLY??, How do you download and USB jump drives with BSoD??? I have done everything to change the Boot order. No luck. I am going nutso and I am one of those people who don't stop until its figured out. Someone help me stop my madness. Asus Republic of Gamers 17" Laptop. I need all the ideas all of your brilliant brains have to offer! TySvM KQ email removed

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 16, 2014 at 03:02 PM
You change the boot order in one of two ways:
1. select a PF Key on the splash/Logo screen. Often there will be a message on the screen that shows you the correct key. This is a one time change of the boot device.
2. change the boot order in the BIOS. you probably need to use a PF key or the Delete key after you see the logo screen to enter the BIOS. This BIOS change must be undone or the PC will continue to try to boot from the optical drive.

Good luck