Internet connection connected, but cannot use internet

Closed
aalexww Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2014 - Sep 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 10, 2014 at 01:07 PM
Okay so I have a fairly good gaming computer in which i have just formatted and reinstalled windows 7 on, after having an issue of not being able to find an ethernet connector driver to be able to notice a router connected to my computer, which i have now resolved as i installed a network adapter driver and so my network sharing centre has connected but my webpages will not load, i tried something i seen online typing in a command in the CMD but after rebooting the web pages started to load once... and now it isn't working again. Though it is not just webpages it is other applications such as installing my AVG, says it cannot complete installation as there is no internet connection detected.. also i don't know if anybody is familiar with origin but i also need to log in to install some games... this is also saying it can only log in when online... so basically everything on my computer is acting like there is no internet connection except the network centre which has a connection... I have tried troubleshooting but obviously the connection is made so it doesn't see a problem. I'm not the best with computers so if someone could help me out in simple terms.. please and thank you!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM
OK, so what happens when you issue a IPCONFIG command frm the CMD prompt? Make certain to use IPCONGIF /ALL.

Take notice of your ip address, and the gateways ip address. Let us know what the two are. We can start with that.
aalexww Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2014
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Okay so
IP (well it said ipv4)
Default gateway
Blocked Profile
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM
And you can PING the gateway? What is your dns setting?
aalexww Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2014
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Yeah i'm not great with this IT stuff, none of that made sense to me... sorry to be hard work!
Blocked Profile
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM
in the same cmd promt type: PING 192.168.0.1 .

As for the DNS settings, it should be displayed in the IPCONFIG.
Sep 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I've had someone have a look at it they've pinged the network and said everything is looking like my internet is working and everything is connected, especially when using commands in the cmd... my webpages are loading but are a bit temperamental, and the other applications that need the internet to connect/install are still having problems...