Ask a question Report

I am unable to attach any files in gmail [Solved/Closed]

Sonja - Latest answer on Jan 8, 2013 11:18AM
Hello,
Previously I was able to attach files to a gmail message. Now I get an error message immediately that states it is unable to attach the file. I am using a recent version of Firefox. Please help!
Sonja
Read more 
Answer
+91
moins plus
You want to know what worked for me?

I shrunk down my browser window (which was firefox by the way) and there it was, gmails attach file window open and waiting for me to pick a file on my hard drive for it.

How on earth it wound up behind my browser window I don't thim

Just.
That.
Simple.

Answer
+74
moins plus
I had a similar problem and fixed it today.

When I tried to upload an attachment, nothing would happen. I wouldn't even get an error message.

I was not able to upload e-mail attachments with Firefox or Chrome, and Internet Explorer wouldn't even open any websites.

The problem may be because you accidentally changed the internet settings for the whole computer somehow and did not realize it. This could have been done by several ways, including but not limited to, fooling around with the Internet Explorer settings.

I use Firefox regularly but I fixed this problem by opening Internet Explorer and doing these steps.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced

When in the Advanced tab, did these two things
1) Click "Restore Advanced Settings"
and than
2) Click Reset (and OK to all the message warnings)
'
After I did that, I was able to upload e-mail attachments on g-mail with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

Pablo- Aug 15, 2010 07:21AM
It worked for me. Thaks a lot.
Sujy- Dec 4, 2012 10:05PM
Hi JD

Thanks a lot..you solution resolved my problem of unable to upload..

Thanks again
Me- Dec 6, 2012 12:14AM
That worked for me also. Thank you!! I'm not even a IE user but it fixed the FF issue.

Thanks again!!!
abelbelo- Jan 8, 2013 11:18AM
Thanks!!!
Answer
+16
moins plus
If you're seeing error messages while uploading attachments, make sure you have Flash installed. Visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to check for updates and download the latest version.

In addition, please make sure that Flash is not being blocked on your computer. If your computer's default browser is Internet Explorer, make sure that it's not in "offline mode."

Please note that this feature is not supported on Linux.

If you're using Flash 10, try these troubleshooting steps (note that you may not need to do all of the things listed below to fix the problem):

* Switch your attachment settings from 'Advanced attachment features' to 'Basic attachment features' (click Settings and select the General tab to change this setting). Save your changes and try to upload your attachment again.
* Try another browser.
* Disable your proxy.
* If you continue to have trouble after following these suggestions, report it here.

Answer
+13
moins plus
Suddenly, Windows 7 stopped allowing me to use the Gmail attachment feature and Microsoft prohibits me from sending the attachments. This Microsoft hatred of Google has gone too far. It is time to dump ALL Microsoft products that actively interfere with use of Google products. Windows 7 even tried to prohibit me from using Google Search as my search engine, and Google Chrome as my browser. Next Microsoft will try to dictate who I communicate with, blocking emails to Google gmail customers. Microsoft customer service is NON-Existent -- they apparently no longer have anyone who speaks English and those few who do try to blame Google for the windows 7 defects.

Answer
+11
moins plus
Sonja,

I had the same problem as you, getting errors trying to upload attachments. I tried both Gmail and Yahoo and neither worked.

I switched browsers to IE and I was able to upload any attachment. There must be some small problem in the latest Firefox update.

Hopefully Firefox will fix this issue soon.

Logan

Answer
+3
moins plus
Thanks

This document entitled « I am unable to attach any files in gmail » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.