Cannot get rid of Nikon

Solved/Closed
Eastlight Posts 5 Registration date Monday April 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2014 - Updated on Nov 12, 2018 at 06:00 AM
 Engineer - Jun 11, 2017 at 05:16 PM
OS Win Vista Home

I installed a Nikon program that came with the camera. What a BIG mistake! I erased it with Cyber Scrub Privacy Suite, which always works well. Did a search on C: for any remaining/related files and found none.

Now, whenever I open an art program, Corel, Win Media Player, Nero or similar, I get a popup window that says something like "Please Wait While Nikon Installs Movie Editor" then a few seconds later "Nikon Cannot Find Files". That's because they are gone.

Nikon Movie Editor is listed on Control Panel, Programs and Features but cannot be selected for uninstall.
Can't find the program file in Task Manager because the "Cannot Find Files" pops up before I can open TM and locate the original "install" file source.

Contacted Nikon and they say it is a Microsoft problem.

Antivirus, anti malware, etc. finds nothing.

I don't know how to open the Registry and wouldn't know what to look for anyway.

I had the same problem on my laptop with Win 7 64bit and was able to get rid of the problem but the method doesn't work with my desktop with Vista.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 27, 2014 at 04:45 PM
Try this free software Revo Uninstaller, it works wonders:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4641-revo-uninstaller/
Eastlight Posts 5 Registration date Monday April 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2014
Jul 29, 2014 at 09:41 AM
Thank you Ambucias. the Revo Uninstaller worked perfectly. I like that it listed all related programs in the registry and let me delete them. I am finally rid of that Nikon program. I swear by Nikon cameras though but will never install another one of their programs.

Eastlight.
Still very good advice. Worked perfectly where Windows XP removal would not.
Saved me from messing with the register manually where my discomfort level would
be high. Thanks again.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 29, 2014 at 06:19 PM
I'am happy it help as I knew it would! You are most welcome! Any other questions, you are most welcome on Kioskea and thank you for giving me your feedback.

Best regards