Factory settings

Solved/Closed
tich123 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2014 - Jul 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 18, 2014 at 05:03 AM
hi i have a dell inspiron 2320 and for some reason face recognition wont allow me to log in
i have tried to use factory settings with f2 and f8 and f12 and i cant see anything repair computor or factory recovery,any ideas it would be appreciated,cheers
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Jul 18, 2014 at 05:03 AM
1. Restart the computer
To do this, click Start, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.
2. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu does not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
3. Press the Down arrow to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.

4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative privileges and click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Check the box saying Yes, reformat the hard drive and restore system software to factory conditions.
9. Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.