Tethering phone to laptop to act like a network USB dongle

Closed
Anonymous User - Jun 10, 2014 at 01:56 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 10, 2014 at 02:27 PM
Hello,

I am trying to connect my phone (Nexus S) to my laptop via USB so that it can act like a USB network dongle.

What I want to do is connect it via USB, and the phone would act like a wireless network card (allowing me to see and connect to Wi-Fi networks and, most importantly, allowing me to make a Wireless AP out of it to share my laptop's Wi-Fi connection with other devices.)

However, the only search results I can find for this talk about tethering my phone's 3G connection to a Wireless AP so that other devices can use my phone's 3G, which is not what I want to do. I want to be able to share my laptop's internet connection through my phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 10, 2014 at 02:14 PM
OK. So you wish to use it to receive, and to host?

If you phone and your phones data plan has a hotspot app on it, then it will act as a host. I only have access to that type of connection, because I HAVE PAID FOR HOTSPOT ACCESS on my wireless bill. This type of service is not free, and the mobile providers have already thought of these things.

Now, I am going to attempt to reconfiguremy services to accomplish what you have asked, stand by.....
Blocked Profile
Jun 10, 2014 at 02:27 PM
UPDATE.

When I connect to my phone and turn it on to tether, it spins and says verifying your account. It works, but I pay for it. When i say it works, I mean I can gain access to the internet from my pc through my phone.

I am certain you cannot use your phone for a wifi antennea.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon