Windows Server and Networking

Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - May 19, 2014 at 03:37 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 19, 2014 at 06:51 PM
Dear Experts,
Please let explain me about these.
I always thought that before, If i study Cmputer Network mean i study following:
Windows Server etc....

But i just know that, Network and Windows Server are difference things, so
-What is Networking component?
One more things, I see about Cisco, so what is that? is that related Networking? -What is WIndows Server? is that related netowrking?

Best regards,
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 05:06 PM
Networking is the communication bewteen devices. Servers are just a peice of hardware that house data. Cisco devices are hardware peices that route the data. The client connectes to theserver via the cisco (routing equipment).

I hope this helps! You haven't ever drawn a network schematic drawing? You should have one of these in your office with al sorts of stuff on it like subnets and such!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
May 19, 2014 at 05:16 PM
Dear Ac3mark,
I Understand more what you explained.
I never draw a network schmeatic..
Please you offer or structor me.. because i will plan to study networking class so please provide me relate networking that i can understanding better when i jion class.
Regad,
Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 06:33 PM
OK so stand by. This will be a standard enterprise [not building as posted] layout. It is not going to be to scale or the proper designation of eq. You would use a prgram like visio to do this. You must have one of these for quick reference in case of EMERGENCY! THIS type of map should not be in th eeyes of anyone that should not need the infor mation it holds!

There are multiple layers of security in a network, the first one is the physical layout. What can the general public get access to? If your netowrk diagram is one the first thing, then they will not need sniffers to get IP address of EQ! BE CAREFUL with publication of this type! Stand by for simple diagram!
Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 06:51 PM
My example created without the proper software, then an example of what a proper one should look like!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon